❝ chapter 4 ❞

The saga between Semi and Shirabu annoying each other continues for how many days.

Monday.
School bell rang for lunch, the wide canteen is piled with different students from different year levels. Shirabu, together with Goshiki entered and headed to the order queue.

Someone bumps his chin behind Shirabu and when he beamed on his shoulder, he saw Semi. The third-year just rolled his eyes, not planning to apologize, and gets a plate and chapstick. The canteen is a self-service, you pay depending on how much you put some food on your plate.

On the other hand, when Shirabu finally puts all his food on his plate, he thought of something. He quickly picked four onigiris and puts them on Semi's plate. He also scoops some vegetable soup and pours it on the poor setter's plate. And then without looking at Semi, the second-year left with a grin on his face

"Fuck.." Semi muttered. He stares at his messy plate, a total of six onigiris swimming on the vegetables soup, and two large meat stakes.
He couldn't eat it all. And God, this is beyond his lunch budget. He is cussing on his mind while scowling at Shirabu who is eating his lunch happily in a far corner.

Biting his lower lip hard, he fumbled his wallet inside his pocket and half-heartedly paid for his lunch.

꧁༺●༻꧂

Tuesday.
It's been fifteen minutes since Semi is standing in that particular hallway. He patiently waits for someone.

This is payback time.

He unconsciously loosens his necktie for him to breathe. He's not nervous, seriously. He knows some students who occasionally pass by are glancing at him. Of course, he is noticeable. This is the second year building.

But he doesn't care about the curious looks of people towards him.

Thankfully, Semi's class before lunchtime lasted a bit earlier than usual so he has this spare time to do something for revenge.

This morning, their coach approached Semi. He said that they will have a practice match against the alumni at exactly 4:30 PM. Those who will come late will be punished.

And Semi was instructed to notify the second years. He thought that this will be a great chance to prank Shirabu.

The bell rang and he sweats bullets. He wipes them with his checkered handkerchief and looks intently at a certain door to open.

After some seconds, the door swung open.

Finally.

He carefully approached the door, students are coming out one after another. Semi gritted his teeth because the guy he is waiting for is still not coming out. After a group of four students loudly came out the door, he saw Shirabu's shadows.

The second-year setter steps out not noticing Semi. He starts to walk, his attention is fully on his phone. Semi quickly tiptoed and follows Shirabu while holding a pink sticky note.

"Hey." Semi smacks Shirabu's back, not too aggressive but not too gentle, and the sticky note was successfully attached to Shirabu's jacket.
The smaller guy flinches, looking at Semi and a visible confusion all over his face.

"What?" Shirabu smirks, not completely aware of the sticky note on his back.

Semi clears his throat and coughs twice.
"We will have a practice match against the alumni later. 5 PM." He coughs again.

Shirabu shrugged and slightly nods.

Semi suddenly stops walking and watches Shirabu heading his way on the school canteen. Shirabu glanced back but Semi just rolled his eyes and said, "See you later."

When Shirabu continues to walk away, the third year almost giggles when he reads the words written on the medium-sized sticky note.

I'M DUMB AND STUPID PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM ME!

Finally, Semi walks towards the other room to look for Kawanishi.

꧁༺●༻꧂

4:58 PM the same day

Shirabu ran as fast as he could. He knows how terrible their coach is when someone is late during practice matches.

When he remembered the embarrassment he got a while ago in the canteen, Shirabu angrily grunted.
"That dummy.." he mumbled.
He had a hard time removing the sticky note because it was full of double-sided tapes. The fabric of his jacket almost ripped off.

Goshiki saw the paper when they were lining up to get some lunch. Goshiki cackled loudly causing some students to glanced at them and saw the sticky note. He immediately removed his jacket and stormed out of the canteen.

Shirabu finally reaches the volleyball gym, panting. Only then he realizes that the game is already on its second set.

But Semi said it's 5 PM.

He looks around searching for Semi. The third-year setter is standing near the net, watching Goshiki who is getting ready for a serve.

So he's the setter..

Shirabu's eyes widened but immediately flinches when he heard the coach yells at him.

"Kenjirou!! You're 30 minutes late!!"

Shirabu bowed and stated his apology. "I'm sorry.. B-but coach-"

"No buts! 50 laps around the court! Now!"

"Y-yes coach!" He nervously screamed. Shirabu immediately puts his bag on the floor and changed his school shoes into practice shoes in a matter of seconds. Then he started jogging around the court where the Shiratorizawa players and some alumni are playing. Everyone looks at him, except for one certain person.

Semi is hiding his lips under the neck part of his practice shirt trying his best not to laugh.
When Goshiki serves, Semi paid attention to the game while still holding his chuckle.

Sabotaging Shirabu's schedule is quite fun. He thought with a grin on his face before he tosses the ball towards Ushijima.

-
OMG, another update 🤭

anw, Pacquiao was defeated but still a proud Filipina here!!

See you at my next update <3