❝ chapter 3 ❞

Aside from volleyball, Semi loves to play guitar. Sometimes he plays bass, he has a black and white one in his apartment. Oftentimes he plays acoustic. He loves acoustic. Semi loves music the same as he loves volleyball.

Semi is thankful that day when he brought his acoustic guitar instinctively because the volleyball coach instructed Ushijima, Tendou, Shirabu, and also Semi to remain in the gym. Semi doesn't understand why he is involved in their practice but he thank all the gods when Ushijima said he can just sit still and not tire himself.

They are polishing Shirabu's sets. And Semi thought he doesn't have any business with it so he just sat there, hugging his guitar and thinking about something to play; while Shirabu is practicing his high sets, Ushijima who is spiking Shirabu's sets, and Tendou blocking the ace's spikes (which he barely did).

Semi is sitting on the floor a few meters away from the volleyball court. He scrolls on his YouTube feed while wearing his white earphones. He can still hear the squeaking sound of shoes in the court but he didn't bother.

Semi occasionally hears Ushijima lecturing Shirabu like "When I'm in the back, you should toss the ball higher."
Then Shirabu always responds "I'll try."

There's Tendou on the other side of the court smiling while wiggling his fingers, waiting to block his crush's spikes.

When Semi searched for Best Acoustic Songs, he found Treat You Better Acoustic Version. He starts to familiarize the chords and strumming techniques. He tries to pluck and strum his guitar, silently murmuring the lyrics. Afterward, Semi is already singing softly while watching every movement of his fingers on his guitar.

He subconsciously sings the chorus part more loudly, making someone glance at him.
The guy didn't pay attention to Ushijima who is now ready for a back-row spike. The guy who is watching Semi singing and playing guitar unconsciously toss the ball higher than usual.

Ushijima didn't hit it, and the ball directly landed on top of Semi's head.

"Oh.. shit." Tendou whispers to himself while watching the ball bouncing slightly in front of Semi. Semi stopped on his track and glares at the smaller setter.

Semi stood up, carefully puts the guitar on the floor. He walks slowly, very slowly towards Shirabu. Ushijima and Tendou can feel the dark aura around the guitarist. He grabs Shirabu's shirt pulling him closer and staring daggers into his eyes.

"I know you're dumb, but don't involve me with your dumbness." Semi's voice is raspy, mixed with a wave of visible anger.

Shirabu furrowed his brows and clicked his tongue. He also grabs Semi's shirt and pulled his senior closer. Their nose is almost touching, sending their anger for each other using their deadly glares.

Shirabu angrily whizzed. "If you still feel bad about me taking over your position, then it's not my problem anymore. Stop your childish act. Idiot." The last word trailed off of his tongue.

Semi is in shock, even Shirabu didn't expect himself to say that. But he didn't regret it. Now that Semi's attention is fully on him, he is quietly happy about it.

Shirabu's mind stops wandering when Semi pushed him, he stumbled on the floor.
Before the taller setter could do anything below the belt, Ushijima steps in, patting Semi's back. Tendou walks towards Shirabu and helps him to get up.

"Semi, shut it will you? He's still learning." Their ace stated. Semi just bit his lower lip hard to restrain his anger and to calm himself. On the other hand, Tendou is playing with Shirabu's bangs to avoid any anger to arise again.

However, the two setters are still scowling with each other. Part of the second-year setter is happy about the attention he got from his senior, and part of him is irritated about what Semi said a while ago.

Semi is totally furious with his junior. Sure, Shirabu sounds cute when he cursed but the anger is still there. He raised his pointer finger to Shirabu. "Don't act like you know everything about tossing. Choosing you as the starting setter doesn't mean you are better than me. Know your place."

After that, Semi quickly left the gym.

Shirabu curves his lips into a sweet half-smile. He's thankful that his two colleagues didn't notice him.

Shirabu is just glad to get Semi's full attention that day. Even though they ended up throwing some unnecessary words at each other.

-
LMAO I'm literally updating everyday XD But I can't help it. Ksksksksksks

Have a great day!!