Fourteen

"Why is Gumball already having another party? Didn't he have one last month?" (Y/n) asked her sister Fiona as she looked at the invitation.

She shrugged, "he mentioned it as we were hanging out earlier, said he'd be ecstatic if we showed up"

"Is that where you got that cool crystal sword?"

Fiona nodded her head as she held the handle of the crystal sword.

A hum came from Cake as she stood next to them, "why you gotta ask such a question? These parties are the only time you relax so take them by the collar when they show up"

The girl's mouth tilted as she thought about this, it is true that now she's able to have a break in a room she's been finding herself enjoying the parties often. It's just strange that he's having a party without any reason, maybe she's looking too into this for no reason.

Returning her mouth to normal, (Y/n) looked from the paper and to her sisters, "maybe you're right"

"I'm always right" Cake confirmed it with a wink before walking over to the couch, taking a sit on it as BMO climbed onto the table.

(Y/n) handed the invitation back to Fiona, "does this mean we have to get new dresses?" She asked as a slight disgust look was seen on her face.

Fiona shook her head, "I wanna say no, but that's if Cake isn't in a sewing mood" she replied as she tucked the invitation into her green bag.

She moved a hand to her mouth, "it seems she doesn't know yet so I say we don't speak about it" (Y/n) whispered.

Fiona nodded which caused (Y/n) to nod before they too moved to the couch, where Cake was playing a game on BMO. Even when she told herself that it was nothing, something was clawing in (Y/n)'s stomach about that night. They had managed to get through the remaining hours without Cake mentioning of dresses, so the two human girls were about to climb up the latter to the bedroom when arms were moved to block the entry way. The two of the them stopped walking and turned to look at their cat sister.

"Whoa hold on now! We can't go to the party looking like we did last time!" She said as her arms retracted back to their normal size.

"But we only have an hour before the party, there's not enough time to make anything" (Y/n) informed her.

She shook her head, "nonsense, that gives me enough time to make one of you a new outfit"

(Y/n) was quick to shove Fiona close to Cake before making a run for the latter, "hey!" Fiona called out to her traitor of a sister as she watched her scurry up the wooden latter.

Knowing she was now safe from getting a new dress added to her wardrobe, (Y/n) went ahead and changed into the dress she wore last month. By the time she had gotten back down to the middle level of the tree house, Fiona was standing in a white ballgown with Cake standing to the side looking like a proud mom.

She whistled, "looking like a princess there sis" she commented as she walked up to them.

The blonde looked to her sister and gave her a subtle glare, "yeah, Cake decided I needed to impress Gumball tonight so she made this" she gestured to the dress as her cheeks were a soft pink.

Cake nodded her head, "my finest, made it out of wool and spider silk"

"What are you going to wear Cake?"

"I'm already wearing it, my own spider silk suit" the feline said as she pinched her side and pulled on it, showing an almost invisible suit before letting it go to rest back on her body.

"Oh"

Fiona looked to the wooden clock on the wall, the ears on her hat grew slightly in size as she realized the time, "shoot we're going to be late!"