Chapter 6 Trust

I wake and the time is 10:00 AM, man I really did sleep in. I did feel some pain from my hip, but very little.

Ranger and Ricket are up, "Your hair is a mess," Ricket says.

"Well I can't really comb it right now," I say.

Ricket goes into a bag and pulls out a hair brush and some hair gel. She climbs onto my bed and stands in front of me.

"Uhh, you doing my hair?" I ask.
"Chris, she is actually one of the best hairstyles on Halfworld, she can do it," Ranger smiles with his arms crossed.

"Alright hair away," I say.

As she combs my hair, I look at her light blue outfit. I wonder what she looks like without her suit. Wait oh my gosh! Did I just think about what I thought I did? I feel so embarrassed right now to myself!

She notices I blush some shades of red, "Chris, are you okay?" Ricket asks me.

Act cool Chris, act cool.

"Oh uhh, I'm okay," I say, trying to control myself.

What I noticed is that when I blushed she blushed back. Was she thinking about me? Does she like me?! I then shake the thoughts out of my head. Got to focus! After a couple minutes, she stands in front of me pulling a mirror out of her bag and hands it to me. I take the mirror with a smile on my face and see that she styled it back to my original spiky hairstyle.

"Thank you so much, Ricket," I say.

Ricket blushes a little, I think she does like me. I think I like her too! It's been only a couple days since I met her and we probably like each other already!? Although I think I might need to know a little more about her first.

"No problem," Ricket says as she goes and sits down in her chair.

After a couple hours, including passing time of Ranger getting me lunch, and Ricket getting me dinner. When I go to bed, after a couple hours I open my eyes seeing that Ricket is curled up to me under my arm, with a soft smile on her face. I think I now know that she likes me, and most of all. She... she trusts me. I smile and put my arm around her. I like her and I don't care despite her being a raccoon, so if anything. I think it makes our relationship more unique. I relax in my bed as I have my arm around her knowing she's with me.