Chapter 2 Awakening

I wake up seeing my vision blurry, I see it's day time right now by seeing sun light shine down on my face. I get up, but when I'm trying. I feel pain in my hip. I find myself standing on green grass and I see my pod all broken and burning by fire.

"Well Rocket, is going to be pretty disappointed in me," I say laughing a little, but when I did I just felt pain from my hip again. I looked around knowing I was back on Halfworld.

"Good thing I have the coordinates," I say reaching in my pocket.

I found out that my coordinate detector was burned up in the fire. I must have left it in the pod.

"Well I crash landed and I'm stranded in the middle of nowhere," I say acting like I'm in a happy tone, which of course I was being sarcastic.

"What the heck happened here?" The girl raccoon spoke.

I shake my head getting out of my daydreaming of admiring the raccoon's beauty.

"Oh yeah sorry, I was looking for someone named Ranger," I said.

"My brother?" The female asked.

What in the furs was going on!? Rocket had a sister and I'm literally talking to her right now. Still, I think she is pretty cute.

"Yeah, I'm your brother's friend and I wanted to see Ranger, so could you help lead me to him?" I ask.

The female raccoon looks down at the grass thinking. I could tell because her face has a thinking expression.

"Okay, Chris," She says.

Wait how did she know my name?

"How did you-"

She interrupts me, "My brother told me your name."

I guess that makes introductions take less time.

"Thank you," I say with a smile.

"You're injured when we get to my home you can heal in the hospital," the raccoon says.

She offers her hand, I look at the brown fur that is on her hand. I take her hand as she helps me up. I feel her fur against my skin. I follow her as I walk behind the female raccoon. I wonder what her home looks like?