Prologue

Two years ago.

We all stared at each other, not saying a word. I tried not to cry because I don't cry, it shows weakness. Joseph stepped forward first.

"Bye, Ash. I'll miss you." He whispered as we wrapped our arms around each other. He was holding his tears in.

"I'll miss you too Joseph, don't stop drawing, keep on being the smarty pants you are." I whispered back and ruffled his blonde hair.

He gave me a sad smile, and then stepped back. Logan stepped out next.

"Bye, Ash. Don't let anyone turn you girly." He hugged me.

I laughed. "Never."

Nick hugged me, "Don't stop doing sports, you're better than most guys I know and almost as amazing as me."

"I know I am, maybe even better." I smirked. He chuckled and stepped back.

I turned to Austin. His beautiful, usually gleaming blue eyes were red and filled with sadness. I gave him a small smile. He grabbed me and pulled me in for a tight embrace.

"We are going to stay best friends no matter what. I swear, you are my bestest friend since forever, and I'm not letting you go." He said, putting me on the verge of tears.

"Bestest isn't a word." I whisper, letting my inner nerd slip out.

He chuckled, and then let me go. I then hesitantly turned to Jack. I awkwardly looked at him. We've never had the best relationship, in fact we hated each other; but we grew up with the same people, and we all became a group so I guess we just put up with each other.

"Bye?" I said.

"So long." He said, looking bored.

"Stay out of trouble."

"You too."

It was silent.

My Dad honked the horn. I turned around. "It's time to go Aislynn. We have to beat the moving truck to our house."

I nodded, turned around and we all came together for one last group hug, except Jack.

"I'll come visit someday. Don't forget me, you guys." I whispered.

"No promises." Jack said.

"Shut up, Jack." Logan said. "Of course we won't, Ace."

I gave them one last smile before stepping into my car. We waved until we couldn't see each other anymore.

My parents kept silent, and my older sister was reading and listening to music on full blast. I watched the scenery of the small town I grew up in; the familiar streets I knew by heart, the school I went to all my life, the bakery where everyone bought their goods, the coffee shop the guys and I have yet to try, and everything else.

I loved my town; it was the typical everybody knows everybody and everyone's business type of town. It gave me the security and familiarity I loved and I couldn't imagine living without it. I couldn't believe we left it in a blink of an eye because of my father's job. The tears I held in finally slipped down my cheek. Ugh. I sighed, wondering how my new life would be.