Thirty Four: June

Mark stood up from where he was sitting on the grass as he saw Louis and Harry emerge from the thicker part of the forest.

"There you guys are! What were you doing that took so long - oh my goodness, Harry have you been crying?" he asked concerned.

"Nothing special," Louis shrugged, but his arm squeezing Harry's waist said differently. "But something's come up, and I'm afraid we're gonna have to drop you off at the airport a little earlier than expected."

Harry couldn't help but gloat when Mark reacted with slumped shoulders and a dejected face.

"Oh," Mark said, looking down at his watch. "Well, okay then. Let's go, I guess?"

They walked to the car. Harry was about to get into the passenger seat when Mark stopped him just like earlier today. "Harry, my tail bone condition. Remember?" he said with a frown.

Harry looked up at him, "I just so happen to have that condition as well," he said. He climbed in and slammed the car door closed, smiling as he watched Louis struggling not to laugh while Mark got in the backseat with small murmurs of complaints.

They drove out of the forest and on to the gravel path which they followed with small bumps every time they drove over a stone. Then they reached the main road.

Harry was constantly trying to bite back a permanent smile when Louis reached over to rest his hand on his thigh, caressing it slowly as he casually conversed with Mark.

Or as Mark conversed with Louis. Louis was mostly focused on the road ahead of them, but also on making sure that Harry was okay.

Harry knew this because of the way Louis would turn his head at him and give him a questioning look before dragging his eyes back onto the roadway multiple times. He blushed every time, not used to the attention and affection he was getting from Louis.

But he could totally get used to it.

Mark did most of the talking, really, oblivious to the drastic change in atmosphere between all of them.

Louis supplied with 'Hm's and 'I see's and other small words of acknowledgement every now and then - but other than that, Mark was really just talking to himself in the backseat. He didn't seem to mind, though.

The car ride went on like this for about twenty five minutes. Car full of Mark's rambling about how utterly happy he was to have spent the day with Louis and Harry, how absolutely yummy the sandwiches had tasted and how deeply he  insisted they should all get together again when he returned from his vacation.

That man had more chemistry with himself than he had with any of the other two. He seemed genuinely happier when he just played his monologue out loud.

They finally reached London Airport. It wasn't too cluttered since it was getting quite late in the evening. They all got out of the car and Louis and Harry helped carrying Mark's luggage out of the vehicle.

Mark gathered all three of them, and Harry found himself wondering how he was supposed to drag three suitcases along with him. He wouldn't let himself startle if Mark turned out to have a hidden third arm somewhere.

Harry would love to discuss the flaws of Mark Whatever His Last Name Is at any other time, but right now Louis was brushing his fingers against Harry's hand and he was too busy beaming excitedly. Mentally he was jumping up and down.

"Well," Mark smiled, blinking up at Louis' eyes who smiled.

Without warning, Mark reached his arms out and wrapped Louis in a long hug. Harry lifted two eyebrows when he saw Mark sniff Louis' neck.