Seven: October

Last night, Harry had actually remembered to set an alarm for today to save Stuart from having to wake him up. At exactly 5.30, the alarm woke him by beeping an awful, shrill sound, really.

He got out of bed and took a quick shower, hoping the bandage around his foot was waterproof so he didn't have to annoy Louis any more, and got dressed in a yellow T-shirt and black shorts. The others still weren't awake, so he brought out his phone for the first time since he got here and played a few games on it. After some time, he decided to go outside to watch the sunrise. He lifted his face up toward the pink sky on the horizon, eyes welcoming the vibrant glow of the blooming sun that was illuminating the blue perfectly.

He actually had no idea how far away from home he was. All he really knew was that he was surrounded by miles-deep forest and mini lakes. His eyes lit up slightly when Lucas emerged from his own cottage, rubbing his eyes tiredly. He plumped down next to Harry, "Morning," he slurred.

"Good morning, Lucas," Harry laughed lightly when he remembered how he had only really seen Lucas while he was asleep or really sleepy.

Lucas yawned. "Sorry, I just realized we haven't really talked. Y'know, except for when I'm unconscious."

"That is true. How do you like bootcamp so far?"

"God, this shit's tiring, dude. I feel like my voice's is gonna collapse soon," Lucas said in an exhausted manner, and Harry knew exactly what he meant, remembering how sore his voice still was from yesterday's rehearsing.

"Me too," he said in an equally tired voice. "Who are you paired up with?"

"Huh? Oh, see that girl?" Lucas pointed to the same cottage he'd come from. Harry saw a girl wearing pajamas on the mini porch, hanging her clothes up on the wire. "That's, uh, what was her name... anyway, she's one of them. Her name is either Rachel or Anastacia. Then there's the other girl, and then there's George. He's pretty awesome."

"They seem nice," Harry said even though he had never talked to any of them.

"Yeah, I guess," Lucas shrugged. He nudged Harry's shoulder. "What about your group?"

Harry pointed backwards with his thumb, "They're still asleep. Ronja and Stuart."

"Oh, I've chatted with Stuart! He's so cool. Do you all get along?"

Harry hesitated. It wasn't that they were besties, but he liked how down to earth Stuart was. Whereas Ronja was more... enthusiastic. Nonetheless, he did take a liking to both his cottage mates. "Yeah, we do. They're both really nice."

"Correct answer," a female voice behind them said. Both Harry and Lucas whipped their heads backwards. Ronja was towering over them, a huge smile plastered on her face.

"I'm Ronja, by the way," she told Lucas and they shook hands. While they chatted, Harry tiptoed away to the breakfast table. Only now did he realize how hungry he actually was. He'd hardly eaten since he got here. Happy to be the first one at the packed table, he grabbed two sandwiches (he carefully checked them for any trails of mayonnaise this time) and a juice brick. Then he sat down by the dead bonfire, humming Endless Love whilst enjoying his food.

As time flew by, Harry found himself in the main cottage for another vocal coaching. He couldn't lie, no matter how draining it was (physically and mentally), he felt that it actually improved his vocal voice. He could already sing just an octave higher without having his voice crack in two after just a couple lessons.

Before he knew it, it was lunch time, which he spent with Ted, Frank and the gang. They asked him about his injured foot, and Harry told them that it was actually a little better than yesterday.