|Chapter Thirty-Five| You Smell Good.|

Alyana's POV

Alyana's POV

"This is the tattoo she's getting Nick." Jordan said to the tattoo artist. When we were making our way to this tattoo store, I maybe thought that it was somewhere local or somewhere I had seen before but, I hadn't. This room was located somewhere off the grid, we were literally in the middle of nowhere but, just a long highway.

The fact that I had to get a tattoo is disguise just made it ten times creepier but, I couldn't let my fear get the best of me. This was for Ivy and I know she's out there. The guy in the long suit even confirmed that!

"Sure thing. Why the girl?" Nick asked Jordan.

"None of your business Nick so get on with it." Jordan replied in an intimidating tone but, Nick just simply nodded.

"Lay down." Nick says to me. I slowly let go of my crutches and place them aside, elevating my legs onto the black leather bed. It wasn't a bed but, like a work station.

He got the tattoo sticker and placed it on my skin. We decided that it was best to be somewhere where it was covered. Slowly he started to drag the needle towards me and I closed my eyes shut. This couldn't be too bad could it?

"Wait." Jordan says. He was at the stage where the needle was less than an inch away from me. Why did he stop?

"Just leave it as the sticker." Jordan looks at Nick and he nods his head. He started patting down the sticker and applied some thick consistency to it.

"It'll last longer. You'll need to take care of it and get a new one every couple of month." He says and I nod my head.

"How much?" Jordan asks.

"Nothing. Now go." He says in an annoyed tone but, Jordan through some money anyways. Nick chuckles and picks the money up, shoving it into his back pocket.

As we made our way out quite quickly, I was wondering why Jordan didn't want me to get the tattoo. Was I not worthy enough to get it just because of my leg or something.

"Jordan. Am I worthy of not being part of the Whistlers I mean.. why did you stop me from getting the tattoo." I say. "I know I can't walk properly but, you don't need to make me feel so left out. Look I'm not some burden okay." I drop my crutch and start to walk towards him but, I simply failed. The next moment I realised that I was in Jordan's arms.

"No. It's not that. I just think you're not ready yet and I don't want you to change your mind once you're in it." He says helping me up to my feet. He looks at me and smiles. It was more of a painful smile then anything but, I smiled back simply since he doesn't smile much.

Jordan let's go of me and grabs my crutch, shoving it into the back seats and grabbing me by the waist. My heart was racing from how close we were. What is wrong with me?

And then I smelt his scent unintentionally. He smelt of something musky, dark it was quite subtle and not overpowering.

"You smell good." I blurt out. Oh my god. This was it. I wanted to lay in the ditch and just bury myself. What the hell is wrong with you?

"I know." He replies while chuckling.

"Shouldn't have boosted your confident ass." I say rolling my eyes.

I sat comfortably while Jordan fastened my seat belt quickly, and rushes the other side to get into the drivers seat.

"Oh trust me, you love it." Jordan smirks.

"I think I'm gonna vomit." I lie. His confidence is what attracted me the most to him as well as his smile, his hair.. his eyes.. his smile did I already that?

Yep.

"Not in my baby or I'll kick you out." Jordan says, trying to soothe his car that everything would be fine.

"Try me." I simply reply. He snapped his gaze towards mine and looked into my eyes. His pupils were slightly dilated and rather dark. He slowly started to make his way in closer towards me and I slowly inched back to have a safe distance between us both but, it was helpless.

"Try what exactly?" He asks. He was really close in my face now. My heart was racing and I felt like my heart was going to jump out any second now. I gulped real hard.

"You're breath stinks." I blurt out. He slowly regained his 'consciousness' and started to may his way back towards his seat.

I exhale heavily not noticing that I was holding it in.

"No it doesn't." He says, blowing into his hand and sniffing it. "Nope. I'm all good here." He smiles.

I chuckle at his sudden change of mood and how easily I could just get to him.

He looks at me and gently touches my face.

"I- I-" He wanted to say something but, it was stopping him. "Sorry." He expression suddenly become sour. He was more upset than anything.

He started to drive back home to a uncle Ben as he's probably worried about us but, this journey with Jordan taught me that I was part of the Whistlers and we were going to find Ivy.