|Chapter Seven| Home.|

Alyana's POV

Alyana's POV

It had been more than three weeks staying at New Jersey with my Uncle Ben. I could tell that Uncle Ben was slowly adjusting that I'm wheelchair bound. He would randomly apologise every so often about him not staying long enough until I woke up or keeping in contact me after my mothers passing. I know it was painful for him as much as it was for me but, I felt so alone. I still do. I don't know how to describe the feeling of the emptiness and loneliness filled inside me.

I've tried to somehow deal with my emotions even after two and a half years but, I don't think I can ever heal from what happened to me. I know part of the reason why I'm feeling like that is because I haven't reached out for help. I'm already known as the helpless girl on a wheelchair, I didn't need to tell them that my emotions pain was worse than my physical.

At my time at France, I would write song lyrics about my life whenever Lionel would drop me off to mothers grave. I would speak to her about how I felt, talk to her about my day, about Wyatt and Ivy, about everything.

And since mother wasn't at New Jersey, I couldn't vent to anyone anymore.

They wouldn't understand.

I'd tell them about my past and then what... Put me into therapy and see me as more of a broken girl than I already am. At some point it would be to exhausting for them to even deal with me and well, like everyone does. They'll leave.

That's the sad reality of life. No one will ever stay with you forever no matter how much you love them.

I snapped out of my thoughts, trying to readjust to my surroundings. I was at Coffee Mania. Uncle Ben would take us every so often to the coffee shop if we felt like it but, sometimes I was just too tried and drained to even get out of my bed. This happened quite a lot back home but, recently I've become more proactive than I have ever been and my nightmares aren't as bad as before.

I still have nightmares but, I'm able to somehow control my erratic breathing. I didn't want to bother Uncle Ben or Katrina. I was an enough burden to them, telling them that I'm mentally fucked would be another story.

Ivy was scribbling some drawings on a sketch book that Katrina had bought for her. She looked really bored as she had been doing this for quite a while and Roy, and his twins boys Oliver and Ogden hadn't visited the coffee shop today. I'm guessing that they're busy with their own lives.

"Pumpkin, what do you want to do?" Uncle Ben asks Ivy as he clearly saw that she was bored out of her mind. He was the most understanding person I've ever met in my life. Uncle Ben would be a great father someday.

"Where is Oggy and Oliver?" She asks frowning. She became really close to both of the brothers which I was glad about. I wanted Ivy to have the best childhood she could possibly have. She shouldn't grow up so fast and realise this world is cruel at a young age. No child deserves that but, I know Ivy is mature than most kids at her age.