31. A Deadly Game

Start from the beginning

Hermione's POV

Cinnabon? I feel his spearmint-scented breath enter my nose and sigh comfortably. The smell is intoxicating and the taste even more so. His large hands and arms hold me tightly - not so tight that it's uncomfortable - but as if any second, he could lose me. The comfort of his touch is unlike anything I have ever felt. When I'm with him, that's the only time I feel safe. Really safe.

I've never felt like this about anyone. This is an entirely new field for me, and he feels perfect in every way, perfections and imperfections alike. As I shuffle into his warmth even closer, my last words before I close my eyes and smile are; "Goodnight... Peppermint." He gave me a stupid pet name, I'll give him one.

Samuel's POV

I wake up first between us, holding Hermione in my arms. I kiss her on the cheek, then I lumber to my feet and go to the bathroom, washing my face and brushing my teeth as I put on deodorant and wrestle out of my pajama pants and into my clothes. Then I take care of a few pimples and wash my face once more, leaving the bathroom as I dry my face with the leg of my discarded pants.

Ginny meets me outside of the bathroom, "Have you seen Hermione?"

"Umm... yeah. She had a bad dream and bunked with me."

"Knew it. She didn't tell me that you were together, but I knew it." She says, walking into the bathroom.

Hermione walks out of the bedroom groggily, "Who's in there?"

"Gin."

"And Juice?" She asks, cheekily. I smile and kiss her on the cheek before heading downstairs. Dad's already awake, sipping out of a coffee mug with the paper in his hands.

"Tea's on the counter." He says. I nod and get myself a cup, moving around Molly who's cooking breakfast. "Watcha reading?"

"An article about me written by Rita Skeeter. As is the usual, it's entirely false, except this line here: 'Colson Hedrich is a successful and powerful man.' I'm gonna have to contact the editor again and threaten to sue." He puts the paper down and finishes his tea. "So how'd you sleep?"

"Good."

"A bit better than good, I reckon." Percy says smugly as he struts towards us. "Hermione joined him last night. Saw them huddled together, spooning this morning when I got up to check on the boys. Scared the piss out of me, she did."

"Language, Percy." Mrs. Weasley calls.

"Sorry Mum!"

Dad (kinda?) sticks up for me, "They sleep together a lot. That sounds bad... they... cuddle a lot? That's normal at my place is what I'm trying to say." He explains, "Luckily they're both as intelligent as they are, I say let them live their life. Hermione's parents make sure they're separated before they go to sleep, I just really don't care. As long as I'm not a grandpa before I'm forty." He scolds.

"Dad, you're not... that far off."

"Now that's just rude." Dad laughs. Hermione looks down at us with brushed hair coming from underneath one of my Yankees caps, her pink shirt is worn under a denim jacket and navy blue jeans cover her legs. She's stunning, as she always is. "Ah, that's where my hat went. I like how it looks on you."

"Really?" He asks, with genuine happiness.

"Yeah. You look great."

"Thanks." she says, in the cutest voice you could imagine times ten.