𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 20 - 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑘𝑤𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘

Nathalie rushed into her room and immediately pinned the peacock brooch on her sweater.

Duusu came out from the jewelry and looked at her.

"Miss Nathalie?" the little kwami asked a bit unsure.

Nathalie smiled.

"Hello Duusu"

"Miss Nathalie!" Duusu yelled.

"Quiet!" the woman said.

The kwami stopped yelling but flied into her as an hug.

Nathalie patted Duusu's head.

"I missed you too" she said.

"Maybe this wish wasn't a very good idea miss Nathalie..."

"I know but I will fix everything Duusu"

"You know how?"

"I just have to make Gabriel and Adrien remember everything... it's the last piece of the picture I guess..."

Duusu nodded.

"What should I do miss Nathalie?"

"For the moment you have to stay hidden, I will make Gabriel remember and then I'll explain him why this wish was a bad idea..."

"All right!" Duusu said in excitement.

"Be quiet!"

"Sorry..."

Evening came and Nathalie joined the Agrestes to dinner at the restaurant.

She opted for bringing the brooch with her since Duusu really wanted to come with them.

"You have to stay inside the bag ok?"

"Yes"

Nathalie could feel that was a bad idea but she decided to bring the kwami anyway.

She walked towards the car where Gabriel was waiting for her.

"Look! It's Mr Gabriel! Hi!" Duusu said.

"Hey! What did I tell you?" Nathalie shouted closing the bag before the kwami could fly out.

Gabriel looked confused.

"What did you tell me?"

Nathalie looked at him.

"Oh no! It's just... I was talking to Adrien! I told him to get dressed more appropriate for the evening but he didn't listen to me..."

"What? That's not..." the boy was about to protest but Nathalie gave him a - I'll tell your father about the ring if you say something - kind of gaze so he stopped talking.

"All right..." Gabriel looked confused but didn't say anything else.

They all arrive at the restaurant a few minutes later.

"Duusu... be quiet ok?" Nathalie whispered to her bag.

She was so worried that the kwami would have ruined everything.

The three people sat down.

"This place is so nice Gabriel!" Nathalie told him trying not to sound nervous.

"Of course it is! It's the same place you brought me a few days ago!"

Nathalie looked around.

It was indeed the same restaurant.

"I guess you really liked it then" she smiled.

"I loved it" the man said.

Adrien was staring at them waiting for them to kiss but was a bit disappointed when they didn't.

"It was the perfect time..." he whispered.

"You humans really are weird..." Plagg whispered from his pocket.

"Shut up" the boy whispered.

His father and Nathalie didn't have to know a weird little black cat appeared from his ring.

Adrien thought he would have make an interesting pet.

"Miss Nathalie... I'm getting tired staying inside this bag..." Duusu whined.

"I said be quiet!" she yelled in frustration.

Gabriel who was talking about how nice and calm that place was immediately stopped talking, a frown appeared on his face.

"If you wanted me to stop talking you could have asked nicely Nathalie..." he pouted.

"I wasn't talking to you!" the woman said realising too late she had made a mistake.

"Who were you talking to then? There's just us here"

Nathalie facepalmed.

"It's my time!" Duusu said.

"No... no!"

"She was talking to me! How are you Mr. Gabriel?" the kwami yelled flying out the bag.

An awkward silence filled the room.

Gabriel stared at the kwami with his mouth open unable to say anything, Adrien did the same.

Nathalie just wanted to hit her head on the table until she passed out.

"What... what..." Gabriel muttered as the little blue kwami flied on the table in front of him.

"Do you remember something Mr Gabriel?"

Many images and memories flashed around Gabriel's mind.

He remembered everything about the wish and his accident at the North Pole...

Everything.

Adrien was in the same situation as his memories came back into him as well.

"Duusu..." Gabriel said.

"Plagg..." Adrien added looking down at his kwami.

"It was about time" the kwami said.