𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 19 - 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑖𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑜𝑢𝑙𝑢𝑠

☘︎☘︎☘︎☘︎

One month passed.

Gabriel and Nathalie got closer during this time.

The woman was also happy to see how much Gabriel and Adrien's relationship had improved, without all the issues of them being Hawkmoth and Chat Noir.

She almost wanted the reality to stay like that but Nathalie knew it had to be fixed once for all and that also meant for them to remember the past.

She decided to try searching for the miraculous because she knew they had to be somewhere in the mansion.

She wondered if the kwamis would have been able to remember everything or they were also affected by the wish.

The woman looked in every corner of the house but the jewelry wasn't anywhere, not even in the places Gabriel used to keep them.

"Where are them?"

Nathalie was starting to get frustrated.

"Nathalie? Is everything ok?" Gabriel asked.

"Why are you asking me that?"

"I don't know... you look... upset..."

Nathalie didn't want Gabriel to learn about the miraculous, she wasn't sure how he would have reacted to that.

"I'm fine! Don't worry I'm just a little tired!"

"Oh! You should go to rest then!" Gabriel smiled.

Nathalie smiled back, his smile was so sweet.

"Yes, I will"

Gabriel walked in front of her.

"Listen... what about having dinner at the restaurant this evening? Just you, me and Adrien?" he asked.

Nathalie nodded.

"It seems a very good idea!"

Gabriel looked happy.

"All right then"

Nathalie walked away assuring the man she would have gone to rest in her room but instead she kept going with her search.

"The miraculous aren't here... why?" she wondered at some point.

"Hey Nathalie! Did you hear it? We are going to have dinner all together!" Adrien said walking towards her.

"Yeah" the woman said smiling at him.

She was happy to see that boy being finally happy but then her eyes fell on a ring he was wearing.

The miraculous of the cat!

"Where did you find that ring?" Nathalie asked trying to act as calm as possible.

Adrien's eyes widened as he proceeded covering it with his hand.

He looked nervous.

"Uh... I found it today on the sidewalk while I was coming home from school..."

He hadn't even go to school that day.

Nathalie decided to pretend to be fooled.

"Ah yes... it's... nice" she said.

Adrien gave her a fake smile.

"Uhm... I go to choose an outfit for this evening now... bye!" he said as he ran upstairs to his room.

He always wore the same outfit...

Nathalie sighed.

There was something suspicious going on with Adrien but she didn't think he remembered anything so she decided to let him be for the moment.

She went for a little walk into the garden.

As she walked she stopped in front of Emilie's statue.

"I'm sorry Emilie but I don't really know how to fix things..."

Nathalie felt defeated until something shiny caught her eye.

She looked at the ground at the bottom of the statue, the butterfly and peacock brooches were just in front of her!

Nathalie smiled as she took both in her hands.

"Thank you Emilie!" she murmured through tears.