𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 4 - 𝑖𝑐𝑒 𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑒

❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎

When the two arrived they decided not to talk about they had woken up with their heads on eachother and go on with their lives as nothing happened.

"Welcome to the North Pole main research station" Nathalie announced proudly pointing at the huge building in front of them.

It was, as said, huge, it had white walls and big windows that showed the researchers at work inside their labs.

"Wonderful" Gabriel said genuinely impressed.

"Yes, it definitely is, there are a lot of scientists who work here"

"Interesting"

"I'm not a scientist obviously but they let me use this base for filming my documentaries"

"Ok"

Gabriel wasn't hearing her anymore because he was staring at the cold view all around them.

He winced as Nathalie took his hand in hers.

"Come on, I will show you inside!"

Gabriel nodded as they entered the place.

It was really warm compared to the outside.

Nathalie showed him around the building, they saw everything from the labs to the kitchen.

There was even a vet for the rescued animals who lived there.

"It's all so well organized here" the man commented from time to time.

"It has to be, it's a pretty rough place to live" Nathalie said as she kept pulling him around.

They finally arrived in front of a door.

"Ok, here is the worst part" Nathalie said.

She opened the door showing him a bedroom with two single beds.

"I'm sorry but we are going to stay in the same room, I hope you don't mind having company"

Gabriel looked at the room.

"I don't mind at all, we are not sleeping on the same bed so it's fine for me" he shrugged.

"Good, I thought you were, you know, picky"

Picky? Him? Never.

"I'm not" he said.

"Well, that's great to hear"

They placed their things in the room and then went out the base for a stroll in the nearby.

"I will show you the outside, I always look around before filming, I always have to know what's around me"

Gabriel nodded.

"So, why did you choose this job?" the man asked as they started walking.

"I can't really remember why but it was something I have always wanted to do since I was a child"

"Really?"

Nathalie smiled.

"Yes, I used to watch many documentaries on TV and I love animals too so it was natural for me to choose this job"

Nathalie looked thoughtful as she talked.

"I remember watching them with a very special person, I guess it was my little brother... I don't really remember him because as I said, I can't really recall my family's faces"

"I see"

Gabriel felt relieved.

"You know something Nathalie? I may have a family but I confess you that I sometimes feel like it's not really my family"

For some reason he felt like he could open up to her.

Nathalie looked at Gabriel with a questioning look on her face.

"What do you mean? You are married to Emilie for many years now"

"I know but I have a strange feeling about all of this"

The man was speaking the truth here, he didn't tell that to Emilie but it was since the day he learnt about Nathalie that this reality didn't look right to him.

He feared they would have thought he was insane so he hadn't told anyone about it.

"I see" Nathalie said.

"Maybe it could be just a feeling and it will go away sooner or later..." Gabriel said.

"Yeah, maybe you are right"

Nathalie suddenly stopped and Gabriel nearly stepped on her.

"Why did you stop?"

"Look"

In front of them was a iced valley, the sun rays were shining on the glaciers making wonderful effects on the snow.

"What do you think?" Nathalie smirked enjoying the expression of wonder on Gabriel's face.

"It's beautiful Nathalie"

"It is"

They admired the breathtaking view until the Sun was setting down.

At that point Gabriel turned around to go back to the base.

Nathalie grabbed his sleeve.

"Let's wait for a few minutes more" Nathalie said.

"Why?"

"Just watch"

The dark came and after a while the sky was full of beautiful Northern Lights.

Gabriel had always seen them through screens.

That journey was exceptional.

"Thank you Nathalie"

"For what?"

"For all of this, this experience is wonderful"

"Oh well, I'm happy you like it, you looked like you needed a break"

"Really? Is it why you bring me along?"

"Well, yes, it seem it was a good idea after all" she giggled.

Nathalie didn't know how to explain that she needed to spend some time with him because she felt somehow attracted to him.

Gabriel felt safe and calm in her company, so different from when he stayed with Emilie.

He stretched his arm and put it around Nathalie's shoulders as he enjoyed the scenery in front of him.

Nathalie flinched at his touch but then relaxed.

"Do you think I can appear in your documentary? I have always wanted to do something like that" Gabriel chuckled.

"Why not? Your presence will make my show more popular"

They laughed together as they kept watching the sky, in each others arms to keep their bodies warm.