𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 10 - 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑚𝑒

Nathalie left the North Pole two days later than Gabriel.

In the past two days she didn't have any news on Gabriel's conditions and it was horrible.

Once she landed back in Paris the first thing she wanted to do was to check on Gabriel but that would have meant meeting Emilie who wouldn't have been happy to see her.

What now?

She opted for going to the mansion anyway.

Who cared about Emilie.

Nathalie needed to see him and his wife wouldn't have stopped her.

She didn't even go home to change in some more comfortable clothes, two hours later she was already in front of the mansion.

Nathalie rang the bell and was kinda surprised they let her in.

She quickly entered fearing the gate would have closed just before she could make a step.

It didn't.

Nathalie was in the garden in front of the main entrance.

The door opened revealing Emilie wearing a worried expression on her face.

Great.

Nathalie closed her eyes in resignation waiting for Emilie to tell at her.

Nothing happened.

Nathalie reopened her eyes, Emilie was in front of her in tears.

The woman threw herself at her and started crying into her shoulder.

Nathalie was confused at first but then she panicked.

"What happened to Gabriel?" she said not even trying to hide her concern.

Emilie blew her nose on a cloth she had taken from her pocket.

"He hadn't woken up yet" she sniffed.

Nathalie was worried.

"What? Where is he?"

"In the guests room"

Nathalie knew where the guest room was and she was about to run up the stairs but she stopped.

"I'm sorry, it was my fault if he got hurt" she apologized.

Emilie smiled and shook her head.

"No, it was an accident, accidents happen, it's ok really" she murmured drying some tears away from her cheeks.

"Uhm ok" Nathalie said.

She wasn't expecting that.

She decided to act as she didn't know the mansion, it would have been strange for the adventurer Nathalie Sancoeur to know where the guest room was.

"I will take you to him"

Emilie entered the house followed by Nathalie.

"Follow me"

The two women went upstairs and stopped in front of a door.

Nathalie's heart was racing.

"I can leave you two alone if you want"

"Uhm, yeah thank you"

Emilie walked away leaving Nathalie alone in front of the door.

The woman carefully opened the door and entered the room.

It was kinda dark because of the heavy curtains covering the windows, the place was like she remembered it.

It felt like home.

Gabriel was lying on the bed, he was unconscious but he looked more peaceful than the last time she saw him.

His head had bandages on it and all around where machines to monitor his vitals.

He didn't look in pain and that was good but he needed to wake up, they needed to talk.

She needed him now more than ever.

"Hi Gabriel" she said.

Nathalie sat on a chair next to the bed and looked down at him with tenderness.

"I'm here" she whispered.

Her eyes were full of tears.

"I'm sorry for everything, please wake up, I want to talk to you please"

She laid her head on his stomach as tears were rolling down her cheeks wetting the blankets under her head.

She grabbed his hand and stroke it.

"If you go I would miss you way too much Gabe" she sighed.

In the end it wasn't important if they wouldn't have been together, Nathalie just wished Gabriel to wake up and be ok.

The rest wasn't important.

"You know, you said you loved me just before passing out, I was shocked at first but now I have to say that... I love you too"

Yes, she loved him too.

She has always had.

She loved him.

She loved him.

"Don't leave me Gabriel, don't do that!"

Nathalie was crying.

She felt so tired because of the trip and because of the stress so she ended up falling asleep.

In a deep sleep where her and Gabriel were together and happy.

"Miss Sancoeur?"

A voice called her.

"Miss Sancoeur?"

Nathalie opened her eyes, Emilie was shaking her.

She quickly realised her head was still on Gabriel's stomach and her hand was still holding his.

The woman quickly jumped on her feet with a blush on her cheeks.

She fell asleep on Gabriel.

"Are you ok miss Sancoeur? You look tired and it's late you should go home" Emilie was smiling and she didn't sound threatening or anything.

"Thank you and sorry if I fell asleep here but I came back this afternoon and the travel was tiring"

"I see"

Nathalie greeted Emilie and went out the mansion to go home.

She gave a last look at the guests room's window.

"I will be back Gabriel, I promise"