Chapter 67: Icarus and the Sun

Start from the beginning

"How do you feel?" Asked Kakashi, his voice low as the two stood in front of them in silence.

"We're. . . fine," answered Ino, lying straight her teeth. It was pointless, they were unable to hide their vulnerability. The 3 didn't want to show up hopeless they were.

"Let it all out, you feel it, right?" They clench their fist, the tightened hand was shaking as tears fell from their eyes. Their teeth clenched, they weep quietly.

"He was a. . . friend, but. . . I can't help but. . . hate him," Shikamaru said, his face scrunched up due to the tears bubbling up.

As the day evolved, hatred was created from within - born from their own weakness.

~~~

Naruto stood on the edge of a cliff, standing as his tattered clothes and tattered cloak covered his body. Sasori stood from behind.

"I guess we will have to split ways," Naruto said, turning around, his body now facing towards Sasori. The red-head nodded, seeing as that was the case.

"If you need me, just seek me out." Naruto nodded at those words as Sasori turned around, walking away as the wind swayed their hair and clothing.

"Once we meet again, time will have past. Until then, take care," Naruto told Sasori, making the puppeteer smirk as he disappeared in the forest. Naruto sighed.

"Well, where are we heading?" Kurama asked, making Naruto sit down on the cliff, observing the Fire Country as he began thinking.

"Aside from Sasori, there is no way I can gain more knowledge of the current members of the Akatsuki. It also doesn't help that Sasori isn't the greatest source for the information either." Kurama nodded at Naruto's words, understanding what he was trying to say.

"It's interfering with you, huh?" Naruto nodded, seeing as Kurama understood what he was trying to say and explain.

"I can ignore Itachi due to Satsuki aiming for him. That leaves the other individuals. The only way for me to learn more about them is to seek them. Even then, they would probably go after me and try to kill me in the process." Naruto lifted his head up in the air.

"The only option for me is to gain knowledge through manipulation. Konoha is currently looking out for me; that also means they are going have to fight Akatsuki in the long run, because I'm without a doubt going to fight them soon." Kurama realized what Naruto was planning to do.

"You're going to try and lure both of them in a trap so they could fight each other, while you observe them and their abilities." Naruto smirked, nodding his head.

"And if they die while doing so, then that's the end for them." A twisted, small smile graced his face as he looked down from the cliff.

"At least they'll be die as a tool for my master plan." This was no longer the same Naruto from before - the one who became weak of conviction.

He was the original - the one before Konoha contaminated his heart.

"Uchiha Naruto." Naruto heard a voice from behind. Widening his eyes, he looked back, seeing an Akatsuki cloak flutter from the wind. An orange-swirl mask covering his face, only a lone Sharingan appearing from one side of his mask. Naruto looked up towards him.