16

i can feel the warm afternoon sun on my skin as i walk into the small patio of the hotel. it's a peaceful place with a stone floor and a few wooden benches spread around. the majority of the room is occupied by plants, minus the small trailway that leads to the door that i just exited.

victoria and i agreed to meet there so that we can talk in peace, knowing that no one else from our group is going to even consider going there because they are all either hungover or downtown.

i anxiously fiddle with my fingers, scratching my nails and trying to avoid biting onto them.
my nervousness takes me back to when i was a teen and head over heels over some dude in my class. that was until i came out anyways so it doesn't really matter anymore.

"kat!" a voice snaps me out of my thoughts and gets me to stop on my tracks and turn around.

vic runs up to me from the other side of the patio and plants my nose a kiss.

"hey vic" i say and hug her.

she leads me to one of the benches, hidden away behind the large leaves of a plant.

we sit down, her legs over mine and i sigh.
it's time to have the talk.

"so" i start.

"so" she copies me and her blue eyes focus on me.

i am so weak for those blue eyes...

"i have been thinking about this for a while now" i carefully pick out my words "and i think that i should tell you this"

she nods, as if telling me to keep talking.

"so... over the past few weeks a lot has happened... and because of those things and others, i might have..." i pause to breathe in "i might have fallen for you, vic. like, for real"

her expression doesn't really hint any sort of reaction or emotion as she takes in the information i gave her.

the seconds pass and i can feel my heart sink. the annoying voice inside my head wakes up from its slumber and goes through every negative scenario that can go down.

see? she only thought of you as a pretty girl, nothing more.
she just wanted someone to get off to. you are nothing to her.
what made you think that you are anything more than a stylist?

i do my best to not let any of those intrusive thoughts get to me, to which i failed.

"kat? kat!" victoria snaps me back to reality.

"sorry, i bet you hate me now" i blurt out and i can see the confusion on her face.

"i seriously just said that i am in love with you, don't tell me you were dozing off during the most genuine confession i've ever made?"

"oops!" i say awkwardly "hold up, you really said all that?"

"nah i'm just messing with you. though i did say the exact 'i am in love with you' line" she says "and i do mean it"

i just stare at her in disbelief. after a few seconds of intense eye contact, i let out a huge sigh.

"i am so glad" i say and lean on her "i was actually nervous"

"i love you but what the fuck" victoria says "i seriously thought i was very obvious"

"you probably were, i'm just dense" i admit. she chuckles and gives my cheek a light peck.

"it doesn't matter now, bella" she says.

i hum and lean in. our lips meet once again, the feeling always being as good as the first time. the only difference is that now it's a loving kiss instead of a lustful, needy one.

"so now we are a thing?" i ask.

"i suppose" she says "if you want us to be"

"of course i do!" i defend myself.

"then it seems like i have gotten myself a beautiful girlfriend" she says.

"nah, i'd say mine is prettier" i add and stick out my tongue playfully.

hours fly by and we're still there, telling each other sweet nothings and enjoying our free time together.

we watch the sun set and kiss one last time before parting ways inside the hotel.

tonight i won't be able to sleep...

.

.

.
hell yea i managed to squeeze 'the talk' somewhere im proud of myself cuz ive been struggling to add it for a while now