⚡️The safe word is cake (Lyn X Cyd)

August 24, 2021

(Canon-ish) Fanfiction Short of my book, The Lightning Mage, set between the chapters of 55 & 57

Word Count: 2,244

---

I have never regretted anything more in my life.

With my bewildered heart pounding in my ears, I stare at the petite girl adjusting the cuffs on my right wrist.

Yes, cuffs, you read that right. I—the famous Lyn Bronte, the motherfucking lightning mage—am currently being chained up to my bed by the love of my life.

Why the hell did I agree to this? Scratch that, why the hell do I always agree to whatever Cinna asked of me?

What the hell is wrong with me?

---

"Lyn... Can I tie you up?"

I spat my coffee out. Most of it came out of my mouth and landed all over my clothes and the couch, but some liquid chose to go up my nose instead. Thankfully, it was no longer steaming hot, but still, I spent the next five minutes coughing and wheezing, as Cinna patted me on my back.

"C- Come again?" I sputtered.

"Sorry, forget I asked..." Cinna mumbled.

She had grabbed a napkin and was focusing on wiping the stains off the couch. There was no way the stains would come off that easily, but this was the least of my worries.

"No, no, I was just... a little... taken aback, that's all." That was probably the understatement of the year. "What do you mean by that?"

A faint blush crept up Cinna's face. "Well, remember that time... you were chained up... in that cave...?"

"Oh yeah, when your Witch friend Sybil tied me up to torture me?" There was a lot more to this story, of course, but I was not about to recount thirty chapters worth of backstory. This was a more than sufficient summary, in my opinion.

Cinna nodded, regret and anguish washed all over her face. "Y- Yeah, I'm really sorry about that, by the way..."

"It's okay, Cinnamon. It's all in the past, I'm over it. Anyway, what of it?"

"Well, w- when you were chained up..." Cinna lowered her head and played with the napkin. "I... I thought it was pretty hot..."

I blinked. Did I hear right? "You thought it was hot? S- Seriously?"

Cinna's face was now bright red. "Yeah... You looked really... hot." She gulped. "S- So I was wondering... if we could try it out again..."

I was sure my face was the same exact color as Cinna's at this point. Cinna had occasionally told me that I was pretty, or that my hair was beautiful, or that I looked cool using my lightning magic, but to see her blush like that and call me hot? That was a once in a lifetime experience, for sure.

Nevertheless, this request was crazy. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go through that again...

"Please?" Cinna looked up; her round, puppy eyes seemed to shimmer like the stars.

Well shit...

"Sure," I relented with a sigh, "let's try it out then."

"Really?" Cinna sat up eagerly. Almost too eagerly.