Hurricane

"And you doubted my vision!" I howl at Silas as I hang onto the railing. It's all too familiar. Too familiar for comfort. 

Just like my vision.

He casts a nasty glare at me. A wave the size of three carriages stacked smashes into him. Oh no. Silas flails about trying to grab something to stop him from going over. It does little for him.

Spirits.

It's been years since I've used my powers. I take a breath and concentrate on the water around Silas. A deep rumbling comes from below. Shit. Not what I wanted. Stop that. It's not hard. Oh but it is. Come on Kell. You can do this. Just like father showed you...only the opposite.

I try again and in the nick of time, catch Silas. He flexes against the rope or water. He cries out for someone to pull him up. I pull him up as fast as I can. Hearing Silas' cries Sebastian helps.

Thank the spirits for that.

I don't know how much longer I'll be able to hold him. 

He has a better knack for magic than me. I have a better understanding of visions. Seb was always jealous of that and I of his knack for magic. Mother told me not to worry. My talents will arrive in due time. I doubt that. My visions have strengthened. Not my magic attributes.

Sebastian grabs Silas. Silas grips Sebastian as if his life depends on it. And it kinda does. He went over and nearly hit the waves. It would have been the end assuming Silas wouldn't survive the turbulent waters. It would be impossible to survive. Impossible, even for a fae. Even for me.

Over the roar of the waves and wind Silas curses his foolishness. And so do I.

Captain Jasper howls for Silas. The taller man jumps from Sebastian's grasp. He flies up the stairs and embraces the shorter man. The two seem to care not for onlookers. They share a kiss.

Oh.

That is why they jumped away from each other the other day. 

After their embrace, they tackle the wheel. It's been turning freely since Captain Jasper let go to hug Silas. Captain Jasper grabs one side. Silas takes the other. Against the wind, the crew fights to tie down the sails. A near-impossible task for both crew and Captain.

Across the deck, a rope flies in the wind. Ryland yells at me to tie it down. I am the closest. Let's do this.

I stagger towards a loose rope. Little good my boots are. They slip and slide on the slick deck. Not to mention the tilting deck as we travel up a wave and crash down. I slip unexpectedly and fall flat on my face. I manage to catch myself before my face kisses the deck. My hands burn from the wood biting my palms.

Sebastian howls at me to get up. And I can see why. A barrel is hurtling my way. And I can't get enough traction to stand. Let alone with us crashing over waves. Shit. No, bad word. Spirits and souls. Why.

Come on Kell. You can do this....no I can't. No, I can't. Shit. "Agh!"

Water under my body pushes against my body. I'm lifted over the barrel. Holy fae. That was not me. I look back to where Sebastian is. By the railing, Sebastian has his hands raised. I can only watch as he loses his balance. Sebastian smacks his head off the deck. 

My body free-falls. With little time I try to catch myself, but my magic can't be bothered to work. I hit the deck, my hands break my fall. A loud pop comes from my right wrist. Shit.