Chapter 12 - Change of identity

Start from the beginning

"About time," The girl sighs. "Get on. All three of you are heading over to the hunter's guild."

The three of you get on the van, and she drives there pretty quickly.

"So Y/n, is the boy Jinwoo?"

"Yeah,"

"JINWOO Y/N HAS A C-"

"SHUT UP" You block her mouth and Jinwoo stares at you both in confusion.

"Don't worry about it" You grin. "One more unprecedented word from your mouth and I'll explain to the chairman why you were beheaded while driving."

"How cruel of you," The girl rolls her eyes.

You make it to the building without much arguing after that.

"Re-evaluation is that room, go register in front, and then you two come with me," Chaeyong leads you and Sung Il-Hwan over.

"... can't you join me?" Jinwoo grabs your wrist.

Ok that's a bit... wHEN DID HE GET SO CUTE KJHFDKJFSd

Chaeyong stares at the two of you, and Sung Il-Hwan speaks up. "I'll cooperate as long as I'm seeing the chairman."

Chaeyong stares at the man before lowering her voice. "Is that your son?"

"Yes." He stares at the two of you. "I can't believe he's so attached to someone already. Let's go."

"Alright DON'T FORGET TO USE PROTECTION~" Chaeyong screams before bolting to the meeting room with Sung Il-Hwan.

"OI-"

"Shall we go?"

The two of you walk towards the registration building.

How the hell do I get my name changed- Oh I'll just contact the chairman.

From Y/n:

I'm getting 're-evaluated' please get them to delete Hunter Gold's profile

From Go Gunhee:

Alright. This time it's under your actual name Y/n L/n?

From Y/n:

Yep! Thanks gramps <3

I'm going to get my ass beat later on...

The two of you register, and you guys sit down at the chairs.

"Do you want to go first?" Jinwoo asks you.

"...how about you go first," You smile. "If we know what rank you are, then we'll know what rank I am."

"Ah true," Jinwoo smiles. He walks in, and when he walks out, he's announced to be an S-rank in the same way everyone else is.

"YOOOOOO" You tackle him this time. "YOU'RE AN S-RANK!!!"

Jinwoo catches you and spins you. "Alright I can't leave until you get ranked as well."

The result is the same for you.

"So...?"

"We're besties," You grin. "Soulmates. Nothing in this universe can stop me anymore."

EHEM

stfu you unhinged bitch I'm trying to have a moment

"A SECOND S-RANK?"

"WHAT ARE THE CHANCES???"

"Huh... THAT'S-"

You recognize that energy.

"NO WAY!"

"SOUTH KOREA'S BEST GUILD 'HUNTERS'!!! A REPRESENTATIVE FROM THAT HUNTERS?"

"IT'S... IT'S CHOI JONG-IN!"

Ooooh glasses daddy yes sir please rail me-

"WHY IS A MAN CALLED THE ULTIMATE SOLDIER HERE?"

"Pfft" you laugh slightly.

"Was it already prearranged for that man to join the hunter guild?"

"Jinwoo..." You stare at the man. You catch sight of another man.

"JINCHUL!!!" You speed over to him and Jinwoo watches you talk to the man. He feels irritated.

"So he was an S-rank?"

"Yep!" You grin. "Told you my eyes are better than you."

"Was it potential?"

"Mm... think about it as a situation similar to mine." You smile. "There's no end to how far you can go."

Jinchul sighs. "I see."

You watch as Jinwoo rejects Choi Jong-in on the spot.

"I'm sorry but I decline." Jinwoo walks past the man.

BWAHAHAHAHA THIS ONE DESERVES A PHOTOGRAPH CALL THE POLAROID COMMAND-

"Polaroid," you mumble. Sure enough, it's in your inventory now.

BWAHAHAHHAHA THIS ONE GOES UP ON THE WALL OF FAME-

"Y/n let's go," Jinwoo yanks you from Jinchul's side, and he glares at the man before leaving. Both of you disappear without a trace.

Oh Ashy's vessel is jelly~

"A-Alright gee, be more gentle with me," You grumble. "If I have a bruise on my arm by tomorrow you're getting yeeted off the demon tower."

"I'm hurt."

"Good," You grin. "Shall we go get food?"

"Y/N! YOU'RE NOT PLANNING ON LEAVING ME HERE ALONE RIGHT-" a third voice? Oh it's Chaeyong.

You grin at Chaeyong. "Three?"

"Three. He's not getting announced, he'll be with you and Jinwoo to visit his wife." Chaeyong pants. "HOW DO YOU S-RANKS HAVE SO MUCH STAMINA-"

Sung Il-Hwan isn't even breathing heavily, it's as if the man had walked over.

"We were planning to get some food," You smile. "Unless we should order? Oh I'll pick it up while you two visit Mrs. Sung at the hospital then."

"You sure?"

"Oh before that," You hand him a bottle. "that's the jesus water. You have the recipe already so you should be able to read the contents."

"Ah... this will save her?"

"I'll call Jinah while I grab the chicken. It'd be nice for her to see her dad again."

"... thank you," Jinwoo smiles.

"Alright I'll see you in a bit." You run off on the sidewalk, and you call Jinah.

"Jinah darling?"

"A-ah Y/n sunbae. Is there something wrong?"

"Has school ended yet?"

"I was about to make my way home."

"I'll be picking you up with fried chicken. We're going to visit your mom at the hospital." You grin. "Ah also, I found your father so think of it as a family reunion."

"Huh?!"

"I'll explain when I meet up with you"