9

November 23rd, 2019 - Saturday - 1:24 PM

Our flight lands in California and I quickly check the time change, 1:24 PM. I can't wait to see Ranboo and give him a huge hug. When they start letting people off of the flight, I try to grab my bag, but sadly fail. As my bag falls on top of me, Tommy grabs it and helps me up "Woman, you are very clumsy." I flip him off with my middle finger and take my bag from his hands. I walk down the isle and out the plane, and so many people run up to Tommy recognizing him.

I awkwardly try to let him deal with it alone, but they spot me too and get excited as well. Why are there so many children in the airport, oh wait, Tommy is one of them.

We try our best to sign as many autographs and take as many pictures as possible, but there is just so many of them and all of us are starting to get overwhelmed. Wilbur apologizes to everyone and we try to make a quick exit and fast walk to the exit of the airport. Waiting outside for us is a tall man with a dirty blonde hair but still kind of light brunette hair.

George runs up to him and says "OMG CLAY!" and now I realize who he is. Omg face reveal yay. I also hug him as well, but it is a little more awkward because we both know each other, but not that well. In another car, we see Sapnap get out and George gives him an awkward hug as a joke, but they then truly hug each other.

It was smart of them to rent two cars, we do have a lot of people. George and Wilbur get into Clay's car and Tommy, Tubbo and I climb into Nick's car.

The car ride is short since the air bnb is close to the beach, and so is the airport. Traffic here is crazy though. 

When we get to the air bnb, we set our things down in a random room. I'm not sure if Ranboo will be staying here with us, he doesn't even know were all in California right now. So I just set my things down with Tommy and Tubbo. 

I ask Nick if I can borrow the car keys to go to Ranboo's house and surprise him, and he agrees but tells me to be very careful. The traffic and roads here are very different.

Tubbo asks if he can come, but I decline, I said I would probably bring him back and I want to not overwhelm Ranboo with both of us at once.

I turn on the car and type in the directions to Ranboo's house. I only know his address because he has told me multiple times and always showed off that he lived in the sunny state California. I giggle at the thought of him getting so upset when I told him it wasn't cool. The drive there would take two hours, not that long I guess.

While driving, I go into thought, like always. What if Ranboo gets upset and doesn't want to see me. What if he is in the UK right now trying to surprise me?

I try to clear my mind and look out the window at the trees. The palm trees are so beautiful here. I wish I lived here, It really is sunny.

The drive feels short since I'm in thought the whole way, and I turn the corner to see his house. I'm so nervous. I should've brought flowers or something. Oh god. Now my palms are all sweaty.

I give myself a little pep talk in the car and get out. I make my way to his front door and knock on it. I wait for a bit and see a tall woman answer the door. I nervously say "Uh hi! I'm y/n, Ranboo's friend, I was wondering if he was here?" The woman looks me up and down and says "I think he's out with some girl at the beach, you want to come in?" My heart breaks. Another girl? What. Am I just over reacting? I politely decline the offer and run into my car.

Tears start streaming down my face. I hope I'm just over reacting. Yes he is allowed to have other friends, but I thought he would've at least told me he's going out with another woman. 

Is this why he was ignoring my texts all day? He usually sends good morning or asks me how I am throughout the day. Is he upset with me?

I quickly grab my phone out of my back pocket and text him saying: hope you're having fun. let me know when you want to see me. surprise. im in town <3

I immediately call Tommy after sending the message. It rings a couple of times, but he picks up the phone out of breath.

"You ok Y/n?" He asks through breaths.

It makes me smile "umm not really. Are you ok? You sound so out of breath?"

He laughs and says "Oh yeah, I was running around looking for the ringing phone, but everything ok? You sound upset."

Tears start coming down my face again, but slower. I take a deep breath and say "No. I went to go pick up Ranboo and his mom answered the door and told me he wasn't home. I asked her who he was with and she said another girl. And before you think I'm over reacting, he hasn't texted me all day. He always calls and says good morning or texts it if he doesn't have time. I just don't know what to do. I just wanna lay down in bed."

Tommy takes a deep breath and thinks about what he is going to say "I'm really sorry Y/n. When you come home, we can have ice cream. Wilbur and Nick are at the store right now, I can text them to get brownie mix and ice cream?" 

I smile and say "Yeah that sounds nice, thank you."

I end the call and turn on the car heading home.

I look out at the trees once again, wondering what I did wrong to make him not feel comfortable enough to talk to me about hanging out with other people.

After an hour, I get a text back from Ranboo. I don't care enough to open it, so I leave it be. I just need to be happy, I want to be happy. I'm going to go home and have a good time with everyone. I will not ruin the mood. I need this. We all need this.

I arrive in the drive way and get out the car. Someone comes up from behind me and gives me a tight hug. I turn around to see who it is, and it's Tommy. I give him a tight hug back and he says "You ready to make brownies?" I look up at him and smile. I give him a small nod and he gives me a piggy back ride into the kitchen.

I try to keep Ranboo off of my mind, but I can't. When Tommy stops talking about the queen, I say "Ranboo texted me, but I'm too scared to open it." He looks over at me and says "Do you want me to read it?" I give him a nod and he goes to my bag and grabs my phone. His face ID is already in my phone so he doesn't need to ask for my password. 

He scans the message and says "Do you want me to tell you what he said?" I respond with a tear coming down my cheek "Yeah." He gives me a quick hug and says "I didn't know you were in town! Can we please talk?" Now I have tears going down my face again. Thinking about him hurts me. Tommy gives me another hug and says "Hey, the brownies are almost ready!" I giggle and he wipes the tears from my cheeks. 

Tubbo comes downstairs and says "WHAT SMELLS SO GOOD? Oh, where's Ranboo?" Tommy looks at him and shakes his head. When he sees my wet face, he tries to change the conversation. "Who made the brownies. If Tommy made them, I'm not eating them." Tommy turns around and says "WHAT'S SO BAD ABOUT MY BAKING?" 

As the bicker at each other, I go into deep thought. Again. 

When will I ever stop thinking.

-----

(1421 Words)