5

September 6th, 2019 - Friday - 7 PM

Ranboo starts laughing super hard. "Y/n! Stop with the tik toks! I can't breathe" I laugh along with him and say "MM no." and we continue laughing.

It feels so nice to be close with him. He has turned into someone I can really trust. We always hang out whenever we can, and it's always the best time. I wish he wasn't leaving soon though. I'm really going to miss him.

Ranboo POV:

I notice Y/n has stopped laughing. I look over and see that she's in deep thought. I speak up and say "Everything ok?" She snaps out of it and says in a shaky voice "Yeah, just thinking about you leaving and it kind of ruined my mood, I'm really sorry." I pull her into a tight hug and say "Don't be sorry, I'm upset I have to leave too. You make my days so much better with just your smile. Plus I'm not leaving for another 2 months, you don't have to worry about that."

I pull away from the hug and lock eyes with her. Her eyes are amazing. I could look at them all day, but sadly, I can't.

Y/n breaks the eye contact and looks over at her dad who has entered into the room. He speaks up saying "Hey guys, you want anything for dinner, and is Ranboo staying over for the night?" I look at Y/n and she nods like she wants me to, so I agree and he says "Alrighty, you just want pasta for dinner?" we both nod at the same time and he leaves quickly.

Y/n looks back at me and says "Sorry about my dad, he was probably gonna make pasta anyways, he just loves checking in on me and you." I laugh and we go back on tik tok.

~~~~~

2 AM

Y/n POV:

I wake up in a sweat in Ranboo's arms. He gets up and looks at me "Hey Y/n, are you ok?" I nod my head and say "Yeah, I just need to use the bathroom.

I get up softly and tip toe to the bathroom. I can't believe I was just in Ranboo's arms. What does this mean? Does he like me? Do I like him? Was it just a friendship thing?

I need to stop this overthinking. I splash water on my face and look at myself in the mirror. I wish I didn't wake up from the bad dream. I could've stayed in Ranboo's arms all night.

I open the bathroom door and tip toe back to the bed. I try to climb in quietly, but Ranboo notices and turns over to face me. He says "goodnight" in a quiet and soft voice. I whisper "goodnight" back and he pulls me in to cuddle again. I get comfortable and I easily fall back asleep.

~~~~~

11:48 AM

I wake up to a cold bed. I turn around and there's an empty spot next to me.

I get up and scan the room. It's just me in here. Did Ranboo leave early?

I look at my bedside table and see a note. It says: I went to get breakfast for us hehe :) i will be back soon

A huge smile grows on my face and I throw my feet off of the bed. I get up and walk to the bathroom to freshen up. I take a look at myself and think I look decent. I walk into the kitchen and see no one in there. I grab my phone and text my parents asking where they are. Both told me work.

I go into the living room and sit down on the couch. I grab the remote and turn on something random. Sponge bob pops up (sorry people im american and this is the first thing that came to mind-). I turn up the volume and doze off. I start thinking again. What did last night mean? Was Ranboo holding me as a friendly way?

I shake my head and try to get rid of the thoughts, but more come into my mind.

I come back to reality when I hear the front door shut. Ranboo comes in saying "Good morning Y/n! Hope you slept well! I got you a caramel coffee and a biscut!" I smile at him as he sits down next to me and hands me the bag of food. I open up the bag and take a bite. I am so hungry. Food has never tasted this good.

Once we both finish, Ranboo looks at me and asks "Anything you want to do today?" I think for a minute and say "We can ask Tommy and Tubbo what they're up to?" Ranboo smiles and says "How about we just hang out? We could go to the beach? Or walk around the carnival?" My face lights up when he says carnival.

Ranboo POV

I see her face light up when I talk about the carnival. I am super nervous. What if she doesn't like me back. I never really gave her a big hint about it besides last night. I hope she wasn't uncomfortable. Oh god what if I made her uncomfortable.

Y/n waves her hand in front of my face and I realized I got lost in thought. She tells me she is going to get ready and will be out in about 20 minutes.

She gets up and I watch her as she walks to her room. Once she turns the corner, I quickly pull out my phone and text the group chat with Tubbo and Tommy. I say: GUYSS! I ASKED Y/N TO GO TO THE CARNIVAL TODAY AND SHE SAID YES AND LOOKED SUPER EXCITED :DDD Should I ask her out tonight?

Tubbo responds right away: OMG OMG OMG YES YES YES!!! Do it at sunset though! It will be so pretty awwwwww :))))

Then Tommy responds: WAIT! YOU LIKE HER????

I reply quickly: I think I like her, I always get butterflies around her and when ever she talks I feel so invested and really love hearing her voice.

Tubbo says: AWWWWWW

Tommy says: ohh alright. have fun

I put my phone down and see Y/n walk out in a rainbow hoodie and black pants. She asks "Can I borrow your hoodie to wear? I don't have any cute hoodies that go with the pants I'm wearing." I nod and take off my hoodie and throw it at her. She catches it and smiles and runs off back to changing

~~~~~

4 PM

Y/n POV

We arrive at the carnival and I get too excited. We get out tickets and I start running around, when I look behind, I see Ranboo with a huge smile on his face trying to keep up with me. I grab his hand and continue running to the rides.

I hand the ticket person Ranboo and my ticket to get on the ride and we get seated down. Ranboo's hand and mine are still interlocked. This makes my face heat up and I think Ranboo notices. He smiles and says "Nervous?" I giggle and say "Uh yeah" Hoping that Ranboo would think my face is red due to me being scared of a tiny ride.

The ride finishes and Ranboo's hair looks all crazy. I laugh and take a photo of it. He frowns and says "What?" I laugh and say "You're a mess man" and I run my hands through his hair to fix it. I see his cheeks get red and I grab his hand again and drag him on another ride.

We continue to go on rides, eat all the food we can eat, and do the carnival games. Ranboo won a piglin minecraft plushie and names him Michael. (omg how ironic)

Once the sun sets, Ranboo starts getting weird. Is he a werewolf or something? I giggle at my own though and Ranboo looks at me confused. I ask "Hey, are you ok?" He smiles and says "Uh, yeah, can you follow me really quick?" Before I can respond he grabs my hand and pulls me along with him to wherever he is going.

We stop at a cute ledge and he pushes me off (jk sorry i rlly wanted to do that ignore this line)

We stop at a cute ledge with a gorgeous view of the beach. Ranboo looks at me and holds both of my hands. He takes a deep breath and says "uh Y/n, I have something to tell you and it's really important and sorry I'm really nervous haha." I smile and nod for him to continue.

"I really like you, and I know we have only really known each other for barley a month, but you make me so happy. When we met, I knew we were going to instantly click, and I guess we did. If I'm going to be honest, your smile makes me so happy, just seeing you makes me super happy. I don't know who I would be without you. In this month, you have shown me true happiness, and I hope I can show you the same. Y/n, I like you, and I really hope I'm not freaking you out."

A huge smile grows on my face. I jump into his arms and hug him super tight. He hugs me back and puts me down. I say "I'm going to be honest with you. I wasn't sure if I liked you or not because I thought you thought of me as a friend, but now that you told me, I know these butterflies weren't friendship butterflies. These butterflies meant something more, and you mean so much to me." He smiles and asks "May I kiss you?" My smile even grows bigger and I say "Yes, yes you can.".

-----

(1623 words)