Chapter 5

This is a Fanfiction, and I do not own any of the characters except for Hannah. Thanks

MOWGLI POV
I was a little bit upset to hear what Hannah said. 'I can go by myself'. I mean sure, she is bigger and stronger than me, but I'm kinda worried.

There has been a rumor that the Bandor log, and King Louie, are stealing any kind of men. For what I'm guessing is for the red flower. And now the village is getting closer and closer to becoming empty.

"OK, so I just head... east," I heard her ask.

"Yup, just follow that direction. It is just about half a days trip," Baloo answered.

I got up, and walked out of the cave, and noticed that the sun had just started to set.

HANNAH POV
I looked west, and saw that the sun had started to set, "Is it ok if I just stay here for the night? I don't do well in the dark," I asked Baloo, half nervous giggling. I HATE the dark.

"Yeah sure. As long as you get there safely, that is all that matters."

I gave him a soft smile in gratitude (which is rare for me to give to other people or in this case, animals), "Thank you."

I turned around, and saw Mowgli standing near the entrance of the cave, "Hey Mowgli, what is up?"

He looked rather distraught, "I was just wondering if I could go with you? I- I mean, I heard what you had said earlier, but... uh, I think that you would like to have some company on you travels. Y'know.. so you wouldn't be alone?"

I just half-heartedly said to him, "I will be fine by myself. I have been a loner for most of my damn life, and I do not need a babysitter for me. I'm almost an fucking adult woman! And you are becoming a man yourself," I pointed to his scrawny, yet well muscled toned body. Mowgli looked down and rubbed his upper arm. Baloo even looked shocked.

"Sorry," I apologized to them in my warmest voice, "It's just that I have been bullied, a lot. By other kids our age, so if I snap at you, just know that... I didn't mean it. Sometimes it just slips."

MOWGLI POV
A man? I'm almost a man? No. That is a lie. I'm not a man! I'm a wolf! At least I think so... And Hannah has been bullied? I didn't know that.

Sometimes Bagheera talked about how some men have been mean to others, for usually stupid reasons. I mean, I have been teased before, but Hannah? She has it worse than me.

**

Baloo laid down on his usual spot, and laid beside him. I enjoyed the warmth and the softness he had.

I could hear talking, well maybe not exactly talking, but a sound. I sat up, and saw Hannah talking, but when I tried to wake her, she showed her teeth at me for a split second. She twitchly snarled at me. That freaked me out more than seeing Shere Khan for the first time in my life.

HANNAH POV
Flames started to grow around me, and I could hear Sasha calling out for me.
I tried to yell, to tell her that I am OK. But I couldn't. There was no sound coming from my voice.
Panicking, a tried to run through the flames, only to be running on the spot, just to see Sasha with somebody else. I screamed in rage, but then again, no sound.
"Hannah!? Where are you?"
I pivoted my body to see my mom. God I missed her. I ran to hug her, but the moment I tried to... she just.... bursted into flames, and then into ashes. Like a fucking pheonix.
I looked at my hands, and saw the scenery around become like the jungle. I saw Mowgli and he just smiled at me, and stated, "You will stay here forever, with us!"

I shot up, and looked at my hands as if I just killed somebody in cold blood. And I couldn't control my shaking breathing. I eased myself down, and glared towards the mouth of the cave, and saw some light.

Today is the day. Go and find the village Baloo told you. I groaned, as I tried to stand up.

I stumbled my way to exit of the cave, turned around and saw Baloo and Mowgli sleeping together. A swift breeze flew by, and I shuddered.

A massive wave of.. I guess you could say, guilt. But I didn't feel guilty. Maybe I'm nervous, or that is just me.

"See ya'll when I see ya," I whispered to them, as I strided through the cave.

The crisp air filled my lungs, and boy, did I ever get those while-tailed deer hunting vibes. My adrenaline was pumping, my heart was running faster than a cheetah, and I had a weird gut feeling.

I just shrugged it off, as I can be anxious from time to time.

"OK. Hannah. Just head east. That's all, just go east, find the village. And wham bam, thank you ma'am. I'll be home," I talked to myself, and held my head high.

Walking through the densely bushes of the jungle, it reminded me of home. The lonely fields that hold the mulies, white tails, birds, rabbits, foxes and the wild coyotes. Watching from afar,  the newborn fawns taking their first steps, coyote and fox pups stampeding to their mothers begging to be fed.

A wash of loneliness, and home sick came over me. Maybe I'm happy, or should I not go. I still felt guilty for getting annoyed with Mowgli. I can be dependent, but I prefer to do things by myself.

At about noon hour, my stomach started to growl. I completely forgot to eat. I shouldn't worry though, there is maybe mangoes in a nearby tree.

"OK, OK.  FINE. You win there, belly. I'll feed you," I mumbled to myself. Standing on my toes to pluck a blazing coloured mango.

I closed my eyes, as my teeth sunk into the flesh. The neutral sweet juices flooded my taste buds. And I couldn't help but smile, it tasted like heaven.

I looked behind me, to see a small monkey next to me. To be honest it kinda scared me.

"Hey there, lil' monk'y," I spoke to it.

The monkey walked towards me, stood up on its hind legs, and used my pants legs to climb up.

I smiled, "Oh, you want some mangoes? Let me help you, buddy!"

As I carefully picked up the monkey to the trees, a hairy arm plucked my arm, and tried to lift me up.

Oh fuck no, I thought, trying to resist the overbearing strength of the I'm assuming, ape. Another paw came down, and I got swept away.

The tossing and turning and flipping in the air made me feel sick to my stomach.

MOWGLI POV
I woke up to see that Hannah left the cave. I stretched my limbs, as I yawned. I sighed, as I stood up. I hope that she is safe.