Chapter 2

This is a Fanfiction, and I do not own any of the characters except for Hannah. Thanks

HANNAH POV

I woke up to smell smoke, and feel a piercing pain above my left shoulder, a piece of metal had gone through. I grabbed the piece, and slowly removed it. Blood started to run down my bi pride shirt.

"FUCK," I cried, as I stopped pulling, and covered the wound.

I looked around to see if there was anybody still here. There was people, but they weren't alive. Hopeless, I tried again to remove the metal pole. This time, I didn't really care about the pain. Living on a farm in Saskatchewan, you are taught to be tough when something you know is gonna hurt like hell.

This one time, I lost a part of my pinky finger. I was 12, and very stupid. I was checking some snares I set up, and I got a rabbit. I was overwhelmed, so I got it off. And my finger got caught. So long story short, my dad drove me to the hospital. And, I had to get my finger amputated.

Anyways, after getting that pole out, I stumbled my way through the crowded sections looking for a way out. I finally found an exit, and pushed it open. There was this familiar earthy water smell, swamp water.

My stomach gurgled, I need to find something to eat otherwise, I would get a bad migrane or a headache. I could search for some fruits, and probably some small game to cook out there. But on the other hand, I don't know what possible threats are lurking out there. Or I could search for anything edible in my plane like bagged or packaged food, but I don't think that is even legal anymore, and the good stuff the rich people in first class have probably started to catch on fire. Both options had their ups and downs, my stomach begging for food didn't help things much.

Without fully thinking, I jumped about 10 feet off from the plane. I looked around to find at least something to protect myself. I found a sturdy branch on a tree. With my great farm girl strength, it snapped with a mighty crunch. I swung it like I was a baseball player, it made me feel powerful, at least for now.

Satisfied with my weapon of choice, I slowly crept deeper in the dark green abyss.

After I would say about 10 or 15 minutes into my hike, I found some figs.

"Figure that I will eat this," I joked to myself. Standing on my toes, I snatched a couple pieces of the fruit. I sat down on a boulder covered in moss and vines, and took a bite from the fig. The sweet taste of the fruit flooded my mouth. I gave a glance to my right, and saw an animal that almost looked like a raccoon. Civet. Those things are adorable.

The civet gave its 'puppy dog' eyes at me, I was confused as to why this critter wasn't afraid of me.

"Uh.. Hi there, little guy.... umm, do you want what I'm having," I asked the civet, while handing out to it, the fig, "its ok. I'm not gonna hurt you," I gave a reassuring smile.

A strange feeling as if someone or something was watching me started to grow. I turned around to see the civet's buddies steal the rest of the figs. Annoyed by my hunger, I ran after them.

I for one, was never much of a runner, but if I need to run, then I'll run. I chased the civets until I couldn't see them anymore, nor could I hear them panting.

Another sense of being watched plagued me. My hairs on the back of my neck raised like a scared cat. I spun around to see nothing. I mean nothing. Just trees, and a huge flock of birds flew away.

"Hello man-cub," a low, and mature female voice said, "oh no, don't be ssscared. I'm not going to hurt you."

Freaked out, I asked the mysterious voice, "Hi.. i-is anyone out there? I am not looking for trouble."

"There is no trouble, you poor, sssweet thing. "

I hate being called lovey-dovey shit.

"Are you alone out here? That's not good. We should never be alone," the voice asked me.

"Heh, you're one to talk," I thought. I didn't mind at all being alone.

"I know that you are someone out there. Come on. Step out of the shadows, let me see who you are," I demanded in a somewhat annoyed tone.

A long and slender figure crept infront of me. It was a rock python. I have seen multiple documentaries about them, and I'm pretty sure that they do not get that humongous.

"Holy shit," I whispered out of disbelief.

Soft, colorful rings started to wash over the giant serpent's eyes, "Y-you.. c- can t- ta- talk," I said, shocked.

The snake chuckled, "Yesss."

I started to feel my limbs relax, causing me to drop the branch I had for my protection.

"Wh- wha- what is y- yer name," I managed to question her.

"Kaa," she hissed.

My vision started to get distorted, and all I could focus and tell what was in front me, was Kaa.

Mowgli POV

Bagheera, Baloo and me went to where the loud roar came from. Bagheera sniffed the air, "This way," he said.

I followed him, to see a large, white thing. It almost looked like a bird, but birds do not smell like the red fire.

I walked towards where a branch got torn off, and smelled drops of blood. I turned around and looked up to see these things that looked like me. Man, it was Man, but looked different than the ones I seen at the man-village.

I looked to my shoulder, and Baloo was standing on his hind legs, sniffing the inside of the object. Out of curiosity, I started to climb in. Just before I stepped into the mysterious bird, I heard a yell. Sounded like a male or a female.

I didn't know what came of me, but I leapt down, and followed the scream.

"Mowgli!"

I didn't care what Bagheera taught me, this thing was in trouble.

A strong force knocked me onto the jungle floor. It was Bagheera.

"Mowgli, what on earth are you doing?"

"I'm going to find out what that voice was," I grunted, trying to get his paw off from my chest.

"You are not going."

"What do you mean," I asked him.

He sighed, "Look, we will go, but promise me this."

"OK, sure what is it?"

"We are doing this together. We do not know whether or not the thing is a man- trap."