Chapter Thirty-Three

...

The next morning, the two of you get ready and go to the appointment. You are taken to an exam room immediately. Soon enough, a doctor enters and they start the ultrasounds. After the doctor finishes, they read off the results. "Everything seems perfect. The fetuses are healthy and mom is in good condition. Let me grab some tools and I will be right back." The doctor leaves the room and you watch the other doctors pass by. Endeavor looks over the ultrasounds. You pause as two doctors stop in the hall in front of the room. You examine one of them closely. 'What is an underground doctor doing in a high-class office like this? No place like this would hire a doctor like that...' The doctor returns and they run a few more tests. One of the tests could tell what quirks they would have. The doctor reads the results. "From the test, both fetuses show signs of both the mother and father's quirks. However, the test also revealed that an ice quirk gene from the father has attached itself to the genes of the mother's quirk."

Endeavor rose a brow at the doctor's words. "Are these quirks already manifesting as the fetuses develop?" The doctor nodded. "Yes. At this rate, they will have a 99% chance of being born with their quirks." Endeavor hummed. "Thank you, doctor." The two of you leave the doctor's office and wait outside for the doctor to pull up. Endeavor turned to you. "I have some business to attend to. I expect the house to be clean and dinner to be ready by the time I get back." You nodded silently. Endeavor left as you waited for the driver. As you waited, you heard a whimper from the alleyway next to the building. You heard another whimper and cautiously walked into the alleyway. At first, you didn't notice anything. Then you saw it.

A dog sat in the middle of the alley. It stared at you with curious eyes. It was skinny, like it hadn't eaten in days. You carefully bent down and called it towards yourself. It hesitated, then made its way to you. It sniffed your outstretched hand before nuzzling into it. You pet it and checked for a collar, but you didn't find one. "Do you have a home? Where are your people?" The dog only whined and shuffled closer to you, nuzzling you. It sniffed around your belly, careful not to get too close. You smiled. "I'm taking you with me. I need to check if you're a boy or a girl..." You carefully reached for the dog's hind leg and lifted it to check. The dog stood still, waiting for you to get done. You finished and stood. "Alright. Come on, pretty girl. Let's go." The dog followed you out of the alley, staying by your side protectively. The driver finally pulls up after another five minutes and opens the car door for you. You whistled for the dog and it started to get into the car. The driver spoke up. "Ma'am I don't think Mr. Todoroki-" You cut the driver off. "I don't care what he has to say. This is my dog and she is going home with me."

The driver nodded. "Yes, ma'am."

...

You took the dog inside and gave it a bath before feeding it. As the dog ate, you started to think of names for the dog. After five minutes, the dog finished and rested its head in your lap. You started to pet her. "I think I'll call you...Nyx." Nyx barks excitedly and spins in a quick circle before settling down. You smiled and went to start your chores. Nyx stayed close to you as you did everything. You finished setting the table just as Endeavor walked in. "You did everything I asked. Good. Dinner also seems up to par." He sits at the table and you serve him. As you poured his tea, a bit spilled onto the table. He grabbed your wrist, making you tense up. "You can't even do something as simple as pour tea?!" Nyx came running out of the kitchen. She spotted Endeavor and the hair on her back raised as her lips curled back, showing her teeth. She growled lowly at him, lunging at his leg. Endeavor let go of you and stepped back. Nyx stood protectively in front of you, still growling at Endeavor. He looked at Nyx, then at you. "Why is this mangy mutt in my house?! I want it out." You shook your head. "I brought her here and she's not leaving." Endeavor huffed. "Then keep it out of my sight. I'll have it destroyed if it becomes a distraction." Dinner continued as normal, with Nyx watching Endeavor from next to you. After you cleaned up dinner, you headed into the bedroom with Nyx and quickly got ready for bed. You laid down and Nyx clambered onto the bed next to you.

A few minutes later, Endeavor entered the room. He glared at Nyx. Nyx sat up, growling at him. Endeavor sighed in annoyance. "Get that filthy mutt off my bed." You shrugged. "Nyx won't move." Endeavor's attempts to move Nyx failed and he ended up getting into the bed anyways. Nyx laid between the two of you, waiting until Endeavor fell asleep to fall asleep herself.

...

Shigaraki sat at the bar, reminding everyone of the plan. "Today, we're going to get (Y/n). The flaming trash should be gone all day, giving us enough time to get her and escape." Dabi spoke. "When are we leaving?" Shigaraki looked at the clock on the wall. "In an hour. Hopefully, this will be easy..."

...

You stood in the foyer with Nyx as Endeavor prepared to leave. "I'll be gone for most of the day. I've left a list of chores for you to complete. Get them done." You only nodded as you continued to pet Nyx. Endeavor left the house and you started on the list as Nyx followed you around.

...

Everyone stood in the bar getting ready to leave. Shigaraki shared some last minute information he had gotten from Toga. "According to Toga, Endeavor just left and (Y/n) is alone. Toga said she spotted a large dog following (Y/n) around. It might be a guard dog." Dabi nodded. "Alright. Let's go." Toga grinned. "Let's go get big sis!" Everyone leaves the base and heads towards the Todoroki estate, disguised in hoodies, jackets, and masks. They were going to get (Y/n) back one way or another.