Chapter Eight

You and Dabi hold your breath, hoping that Eri won't say something to get you caught. Eri looks at you two before looking back at Hawks and smiling, "My name is Eromi!" You let out a quiet sigh of relief, but you couldn't help but wonder why she lied. Hawks looks at the two, seemingly buying into what Eri said, "Alright, your names?" Dabi answered before you could, speaking for the both of you, "(Y/n) and Touya Ikorodot." Hawks sighs, "Ok, sorry to bother you three. Have a good day." Hawks flies off and the three of you continue walking. You look at Eri, who is resting her head on Dabi's shoulder, "Sweetie, why did you lie to that...hero?" Eri's head shot up, slightly startling Dabi. Her eyes were wide, as if she was waiting for a scolding, "P-Please don't be mad at me! I didn't want to tell him my real name because something told me not to. A feeling."

Dabi rubbed her back comfortingly as he calmed her down, "We're not mad at you, baby mouse. Just surprised, but do you think you could say that again if someone asks you again?" Eri looked between the two, "So it's Eri to mom and daddy, but Eromi to strangers?" You nodded and patted her head, "Yes." She smiled, "Ok!" After a few minutes, the trio arrives at the league's base. You knock on the door and Toga lets you all in a few minutes later. Toga looks at Eri, holding her arms out to grab her from Dabi, "Oh, she's so cute! Come to auntie Toga!" Eri looked at Dabi before turning to Toga. She looked at her cautiously, but curiously. Dabi looked down at Toga, flicking her on the forehead, "Don't even think about it, crazy." Toga looked at you, a pout on her face, "Sis, tell the burnt bacon to let me see her!"

Before you could say a word, Eri spoke up, "Daddy isn't burnt bacon!" Across the room, at the bar, Shigaraki does a spit take, which makes Twice break out into laughter. Shigaraki coughs as he turns to face the four. You could tell that he wanted to talk, so you turned to Eri, "Eri, can you go with auntie Toga for a bit, please? Your daddy and I have to go talk with crusty man." Eri hesitated for a moment before nodding, "Ok, mom!" Dabi put Eri down and watched her as she approached Toga. You tugged at his sleeve, shaking your head and smiling at him, "Come on. She'll be fine." The two of you walked over to Shigaraki and sat down. He looked at the two of you, his voice low, "Why is she calling you two 'mom' and 'daddy'? I thought you kidnapped her?" You shrugged as you picked at your nails, "I told her that she was helping Eraserhead catch more bad guys by coming with us. She really took a liking to Dabi though. And I don't mind treating her like my own."

Shigaraki nodded and placed a paper detailing the warehouse stock on the table, "Well, we started clearing out the warehouse. With the progress shown, everything should be out and moved to a new location in 2 months, as planned." Dabi sighed in annoyance, "Anything else, crusty?" Shigaraki shot him a glare before continuing, "No. Just make sure to keep the kid out of the public eye. We can't risk losing her too early." You nodded and stood from your seat, "Got it. Don't bother me tonight. I'll be working a double, so I won't answer." Dabi glanced across the room at Eri before looking back at you, "What about the kid?" You patted his shoulder, "I think you'll do just fine. She seems to like you. Anyways, I have to go get ready, so text me later and let me know where you and eri will be sleeping at." Dabi nodded, running a hand through his hair, "Alright. Don't get into any trouble, princess."

You quickly told Eri goodbye before heading back to your apartment to get ready for work.

...

You shuffled through your closet, looking for an outfit as you thought about how your work night might go. 'The boss told me some pro heroes are coming in tonight, but he's unsure of what services they want. Tonight may give me enough to pay rent and buy groceries. But I need to keep an eye out. They may be on a sting operation.' You find a decent outfit a few minutes later and get dressed, wincing at the sight of the full laundry basket, "I really need to do laundry." You style your hair and do your make up before grabbing your purse, "Alright, I should head out." You walk the 20 minutes to your work and heads inside, greeting the other girls who look nervous. They all go silent as the boss comes out, "Alright ladies, I see you've all dressed according to instructions. As you know, two pro heroes are coming today for your services. Depending on their needs, they could choose two of you or they could choose only one. Those that don't get picked will entertain the friends they're bringing."

Questions start to fly left and right. Your boss shoots a glare at the group and they go quiet. He continues, "For your safety, each room has had its alarms set and all electronics will be held until services are done. The second one applies if the customer pays for the private service. No one will be able to take pictures or videos that way." All the girls nod along and continue listening. You tune your boss's voice out, already knowing all the protocol from your years of working there. You tuned back in when he mentioned the two pro heroes, "As for the two pro heroes, I do not know which two are coming. So be prepared for whoever may walk through those doors. Now, all bags and purses behind my desk. After that, you all can go wait in the backroom." Everyone drops their purses or bags behind the desk and heads into the backroom. You sat at one of the tables, watching the other girls talk excitedly.

The girls that worked with you came from all sorts of backgrounds. Girls in high school helping their families to pay bills, college students paying off student loans, single moms, etc. After an hour, the boss calls everyone out. You and the rest of the girls walk out to the front. Two men stand next to the boss. You narrow your eyes at the two men, holding back the urge to turn and walk out of the building. Your boss spoke, a closed eyed smile on his face, "Good evening. I hope our lovely girls are up to par." Your boss turned to you and the others, "Ladies, I am proud to introduce pro heroes Hawks and Eraserhead!" Most of the girls are swooning over Hawks while a few are curious about Aizawa. You keep your gaze on the two men, ready to leave at any moment. Your boss turns towards the two, "Hawks, Eraserhead, please take some time to take your pick. These are all fine young ladies."

You watched as their eyes slowly swept over the group, tensing as Hawks' gaze stopped on you. Aizawa does the same. Hawks points in your direction, "I'll take her." Aizawa turns to your boss and says the same, "We'll take her." The rest of the girls slump in disappointment, but don't say anything. You were ready to take your heels off and book it, but you didn't move. Your boss grinned, "Wise choice! What services are you looking for?" Hawks answered quickly, "Private service." Your boss nods, getting out his service book and writing you in for work, "$100 an hour. She is our most expensive girl." Aizawa huffs and puts a clip of $100 bills on the desk, "Fine." Your boss finished writing and pointed to the sign on the wall, "Ah, right. As per the rules, all electronics will be held at the front desk until the end of your session." The two hand off their phones and any other electronics on them. Your boss turns to you, "Alright, take them to the private room. Show them a good time."

You nod and lead them to the private room in silence, not saying a word as you feel them staring you down.

...

You sit on the bed and cross your arms, "Well?" Hawks speaks first.

"We want to ask you more questions."