Chapter Twenty-One

A month had passed since your episode and Aizawa had helped you lessen the drawbacks of your quirk. During that month, Dabi would visit you at night and lay with you until you fell asleep. You were also able to locate the files Shigaraki needed and made your plan.

...

You and Aizawa stood out in the training field, sparring again. It had been three hours since you two started and you were getting the same dizzy feeling and headache as before. Your thoughts swirled around in your mind. 'It's happening again...' Aizawa noticed the look on your face and paused. "This is the third time this month. We've already established that it's not your quirk, because you haven't used it." You shrugged. "Maybe it's because I haven't been using it?" Aizawa shook his head. "I don't think that's it." You sighed. "Then what else could it-" You paused and slightly swayed for a moment before collapsing. Aizawa caught you with his scarf and picked you up in his arms.

He left the field.

...

You woke up a few hours later to the bright lights of Recovery Girl's office. You looked around. "What happened?" The door opened and Recovery Girl entered the room. She looked at you. "You're finally awake." You slowly sat up. "What happened to me?" You watched as she flipped through some papers on her clipboard. "You fainted. So I have to ask. Why are you sparring in your condition and why is Aizawa allowing it?" You tilted your head in confusion. "My condition?" Recovery Girl sighed. "Well, from my assessment, the reason for your dizzy spells and headaches is because..." You huffed impatiently. "Because...?" Recovery Girl put the clipboard down and faced her, a look of seriousness settling.

"You're pregnant."

You froze from your spot on the cot, staring at the blankets as you tried to process what you heard. "Are you sure?" Recovery Girl nodded. "Yes. You are not very far along. Only a month and a few weeks it seems. Do you want me to tell your father?" You rapidly shook your head. "No! Please don't!" Recovery Girl looked at the door before looking back at you. "If that's what you want. He's waiting in the hall." You nodded and headed out into the hall, only to find it empty. You sighed and slumped against the wall, sliding down it until you sat on the floor. You buried your head in your knees, crying silently. A few minutes later, the sound of footsteps caught your attention. You ignored it. You jumped when a hand touched your shoulder. A familiar voice reached your ears. "Are you alright?" You lifted your head to see Shoto in front of you. He looked at you blankly, but his eyes were full of concern. That's when a thought occurred to you.

'Maybe he can help me decide how to tell Dabi...'

You looked at him, gathering your thoughts. "C-Can we talk?" Shoto looked away and cleared his throat. "Oh...Of course. Follow me." Shoto led you to his dorm and sat as he waited for you to speak. You took a seat on his bed. "So, Recovery Girl told me some news today and I don't know how Dabi's going to take it." Shoto looked at you, slightly confused. "Well, what's this news?" You hesitated, looking around before you spoke. "Don't tell anyone. I...I'm pregnant."

Shoto froze for a moment before speaking. "I...I see. Well, um, congratulations, but I think Touya, I mean, Dabi, shouldn't take it too badly. He just doesn't like change." You slightly smiled at him. "Thanks, Shoto. I should get going." He nodded. "Alright." You left the dorms and headed towards back towards the halls to find Aizawa. You found him pacing in front of Recovery Girl's office. He looked up at you, slight concern in his eyes. "What did Recovery Girl say? Are you alright?" You looked down, unable to meet his eyes. "I'm fine." The two of you headed home, and once you arrived, you rushed up to your room, ignoring Aizawa's calls from behind you. You sat on your bed, looking towards the closed window.

'Dabi's coming tonight, so I'll tell him then, but I'm going to need a backup plan once we talk. I don't really want to call him, but I'm going to have to...'