Chapter Twenty-Five

...

The next morning, you found yourself in one of UA's classroom. You sat in a chair in the corner of the room, tuning everything else out. You played on your phone as the students began filtering into the room. You looked at your bag, noting the necklace and ring inside. You were going to give them back to Shoto. You remembered watching Dabi burn the pacifier as you packed up the necklace and ring. Once everyone was in their seats, they began to notice you. You watched as they starting whispering to each other and glancing at you. Aizawa spoke, making them all go silent. "The woman you've been whispering about over there is my daughter, (Y/n). You'll be seeing her here every day, so get used to it." Some of them started to ask questions, but Aizawa was quick to silence them. "You can ask her questions after you do your work. Now get to it." Class went by rather quickly and the students were quick to approach and ask you questions. Shoto stood next to you, ensuring that the others didn't get to close or do anything weird to you.

Aizawa was asleep behind his desk and everyone besides Shoto had gone back to their desks. You pulled the jewelry boxes out from your bag and passed them to Shoto discreetly. His eyes flashed with recognition and he put them in his bag. The two of you spoke quietly, almost whispering. Shoto frowned. "His is disgusting. When my mother asked for these, he lied to her. He told her they had been lost. She'll be glad to get these back." You nodded. "I hope so. Did Dabi tell you?" Shoto sighed, looking down at the boxes. "Yes. I apologize for that awful proposal. I won't allow him to ruin another life or another child. Touya...he told me about the guilt he felt." You rose a brow, confusion written all over your face. "Guilt?" Shoto looked up at you, nodding. "He had thoughts of leaving. Not because he didn't want to be involved, but because...he wanted you and your children to live happy, normal lives. But then, I helped him realize that he needs to be the father ours wasn't and he snapped out of it." You patted Shoto on the shoulder. "Thank you for helping him, Shoto."

Shoto shrugged, a very small smile on his face. "It's the least I can do to make up for the lost time." The rest of the day goes by rather quickly and you and Aizawa head home. Eri and Shinso were sitting at the table working on some assignments. You headed upstairs, sighing when you found another box on your dresser. You opened it to find a very expensive looking diamond necklace. You closed the box and laid on your bed. You pulled up Hawks' contact on your phone. He picked up after a few rings. "What's going on?" You huffed in annoyance. "Has Endeavor been giving you things to give to me? Because I received two things from Endeavor that I did not want or need." Hawks laughed nervously before responding. "Uh...Yeah. He's not one to give up. What did he give you anyways?" You scoffed. "Let's see...His ex-wife's necklace and engagement ring!" Hawks winced at your volume, muttering. "I clearly told him not to do that..." You rose a brow. "What?" He quickly changed his tone. Nothing! I-I'll see what I can do. The gift you got today was not hers. I made sure." You pondered to yourself for a moment before speaking. "Maybe I'll just pawn it or something. I don't want anything from him."

You hung up and tossed the phone onto the mattress next to you. You decided to take a nap to pass the time until Dabi arrived. Your eyes drooped and then shut as you drifted off.

...

You woke up hours later to the sound of your window opening and closing. You slowly sat up, rubbing your eyes. Dabi sat next to you on the bed, resting his head on your shoulder. "Did I wake you up, princess?" You yawned and nodded. "Yeah, but I was getting up anyways." He hummed. "How was your day?" You sighed as you recounted the day's events. "I gave the necklace and ring to Shoto. He has them now. And it was strange, but when his classmates came up to me to ask questions, he stood by me and watched them like a guard dog." Dabi chuckled. "That means he accepts you. And once he accepts you, he becomes like a guard dog, protective. And a bit soft to the person he's accepting of." Dabi gaze wandered from you to the dresser, his eyes stopping on the box. He frowned. "Again? Did you already look at it?" You nodded. "Yeah. And I called Hawks about it. He said this one wasn't your mothers. I still don't want it though. I told him I'd probably pawn it or whatever." Dabi smirked. "Smart girl. Let's see..." Dabi grabbed the box and opened it, examining the diamond necklace inside. He grinned and pocketed the box. "Won't be hard to sell this little thing." You huffed as you remembered Hawks' words. "Hawks told me that Endeavor won't give up easily, but I don't care what he does. I don't want him and I never will."

Dabi chuckled wryly. "You're too good for him. Matter of fact, you're too good for me. I don't really understand what you see in me." You cupped his face in your hands. "Don't say that. This is going to sound cheesy, but I see everything in you. You may not be very emotional, but your eyes are very expressive. Your scars are beautiful. I love them. And even with your past and all your trauma, I wouldn't change a thing about you. I love you." Dabi pulled you onto his lap, holding you gently against his chest. The two of you shared a few short, but loving kisses before lying down. Dabi didn't hesitate to rest his hands on your stomach as the two of you quietly talked. Dabi looked at you. "Do you think I'll be a good dad...?" You smiled at him. "I know you'll be an amazing father. You might be a bit nervous, but I know you'll do good." Dabi's grip on you tightened slightly. "Well, I think you're going to be a great mom. You took such great care of Eri and you can handle Toga pretty easily." You cuddled into his chest. "I'd hope so. It just takes a lot of patience and kindness." He paused for a moment. "...You're going to have to show me how to hold them and feed them and everything, you know?" You smiled and giggled. "I know. Once you get the hang of it, they'll never want to be away from you." Dab I held you closer. "I wouldn't want them to be away from me anyways. I'll be keeping them close."

The two of you fell asleep in the middle of your conversation, peaceful smiles on your faces. The two of you still had many months before the babies arrived, but Dabi would take every precaution necessary to make sure they arrived safely.

Evenif it killed him.