o p e r a t i o n f i f t e e n

*back at headquarters a few hours earlier*

The office had been unnaturally quiet since Beomgyu had left a few weeks before. With the now peaceful air about the workplace, Yoongi had begrudgingly grown to realize that it was too late and he had come to be able to focus only when there was consistent noise in the background. Beomgyu to the older was like an annoying pet fly that always buzzed around his head; constantly whining and whirling in his ear but sadly unstoppable due to the fact that it was... his... pet? Yoongi lost himself rather quickly with the failed analogy but at least he got his own point. All in all, it was annoyingly impossible to get anything done in an actual work environment and the only one to blame for it was Choi Beomgyu. Well... Choi Beomgyu and his three almost equally frustrating best friends. Speaking of...

Yoongi stood from his desk, almost too quickly, wincing as his rolling chair slammed into the shelves behind him, before strolling to his office door with sudden vigor. Those three were being way, way too quiet. He threw it open and strode into the desk spaces of his subordinates, eyes peeled for the three devils that resided in his building. One may wonder as to why the absolute fuck they were there at 5 am in the fucking morning and honestly Yoongi had no idea why either, even though he was the one who called them in. More specifically, Namjoon had called him an hour prior, both of them ignoring the fact that the other was awake at 4 in the morning, and told him to bring in those most familiar with Beomgyu and closest to his age. Due to that request, Yoongi had no excuse, to his dismay, to not call in the other three agents that had graduated with Beomgyu from the academy his same year.

Those four had come to him wide-eyed and innocent smiles, giving off an aura of purity and oh how royally fake the whole look had been. It took them two weeks to allow their facades to dissipate in turn for their real appearances. Fucking devils, Yoongi thought to himself as he began to near their typical hang-out spot. One thing he was proud of himself for was that he had brilliantly placed them as far away from his office as possible. The only disadvantage to that was that they probably didn't focus as much as they should have but at least their overly hyper voices were far enough away to where they didn't float through his windows and into his peaceful, quiet office.

When he finally arrived at the specific desks he was looking for, Yoongi had to take a moment to gawk at the sight before him. He wondered why the office was so quiet. They were asleep. All three of them. All three of the agents were passed out at their respective desks, bundled in blankets, and surrounded in pillows. Who knew that demons could s l e e p. Yoongi watched the threes' peaceful state and almost considered that maybe they weren't as bad as they acted and perhaps had some hope to grow into actual human beings. Emphasis on almost. Yoongi scoffed, shaking his head at himself. "As if," he grumbled. Silently, he glided towards one of their desks and opened the bottom and largest drawer, rifling through the misplaced papers, files, and miscellaneous junk the agent had stashed away. "I know it's here somewhere..." The executive murmured before his face lit up as his eyes fell upon the thing he was looking for.

Ever so slowly, Yoongi closed back up the drawer, the object in hand, and took a step back from the desks. Slowly, savoring every second of the suspense, he raised the appliance in his hand and all at once clenched down on the horn. Suddenly, from the thing in his hand emanated the shrillest screech their ears would've had the utmost displeasure of hearing that fine morning. The sound seemed to echo off the walls and right into one's head, bouncing off the skull before shooting right out the ears only to pierce it again.

Several things happened at once as Yoongi played the air horn, smirking as chaos followed quickly behind the surprising noise. The three boys immediately fell out of their desks, almost simultaneously. Yells wretched themselves out of the agents' throats as they clasped the blankets and pillows over their heads as if it would dampen the noise that assaulted their sleep-ridden ears. One, in particular, tried to crawl under his desk and curl up underneath as if it would protect him from the head-splitting scream.