o p e r a t i o n t e n

iKon iS bAcK

...hi uwu

---------------------

"Remind me why we have to do this again?"

Taehyun sighed, the noise dripping with exhaustion and pure irritation, and leaned forward, massaging the bridge of his nose with eyebrows drawn together in a tight line. "Because," he bit, "Namjoon hyung said so and we haven't seen anyone in this house yet."

"This is stupid."

"Everything is with you."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

Taehyun groaned, throwing his hands into the air and leaning back into the cushions of the car seat. He swore if he had to be here for one more fucking second he was going to stab the boy beside him. He would leave no evidence. No one would ever know. It was very, very tempting.

"I'm going to murder you," he murmured, shooting a glare towards Beomgyu. The ebony-haired agent glanced at him, mouth twitching up and, under the dim glow of the street lights outside, Taehyun made out a glint of something in his eyes.

"How so?"

"Strangling right now sounds lovely."

Beomgyu shrugged, turning forward, eyes set on the dark street. "If you're into that sort of thing."

Taehyun froze, eyes wide and he could feel his face grow warm, blood rushing to his cheeks like a very nonconsensual floodgate had opened, and not for the first time that night, he was thankful for the cover of the black sky. "What the actual fuck!" he hissed, scowl deepening when Beomgyu let lose a laugh.

"Kidding, kidding. Don't actually kill me, thanks," he chuckled, waving his hands defensively.

"It's growing ever more tempting."

Beomgyu hummed a noncommittal sound and nodded, eyes dancing, the street lights making their brown hue glow gold and shimmer like a fresh cup of coffee. The lighting really did wonders to the agent and Taehyun found himself having to resist staring. Beomgyu's skin was a gentle tan, his dark hair cascading around his face in small waves and his earrings glinted at each catch of the flickering lamps. Was he always this... beautiful? Taehyun knew that even in their high school days before... before that, Beomgyu was always considered beautiful by their peers, many girls swooning over his carefree smiles and light laughs, but Taehyun never really considered it. Perks of being equally beautiful and the aforementioned beautiful boy's best friend. They never had to think of it and Beomgyu's looks were rather low on high school Taehyun's lists of priorities but now, sitting in the small, cramped car for hours on end, staking out one of their many neighbors' houses, Taehyun took the time to appreciate the gentle curve of the jawline, just prominent enough to look sharp, and the soft puff of the lips that smirked towards h- wait.

Taehyun jolted out of his state of appreciation and moved his gaze, ever so slowly, to meet the smug one of his partner's. Beomgyu was staring at him, lips twisted in a confident, cocky smile and eyes glimmering like the setting sun, browns mixing with reds and oranges and gold, and Taehyun swore they sparkled as the colors mixed and matched through his irises. "What?" he murmured, refusing to back down from the gaze Beomgyu had fixed on him.

"You like the view?"

Taehyun scoffed, rolling his eyes dramatically, "You're so fucking full of yourself."

"You didn't deny it."

"I'm able to appreciate the beauty of someone without thinking of the person attached to it."