o p e r a t i o n e i g h t

i'm so sorry...

-------------------------

Taehyun and Beomgyu had tried their best to ignore the act of sleeping altogether. The night was filled with a rather competitive game of checkers where, in the end, Beomgyu flipped the table and an even more violent match of connect four. This time, Taehyun was the one to chuck the pieces at a smug-looking Beomgyu as the older scored his fourth win in a row. It wasn't until they settled for a drawn-out game of Monopoly, each property bought and upgraded their furthest potential, split between them, that they realized their predicament. Each time one of them, it didn't matter which, threw the die to continue the game that was going absolutely nowhere, the black dots of each piece swirling and blurring together before they shook their heads and blinked away the haze.

They were utterly exhausted.

In one day, they had moved in with their worst enemy, met an overly friendly neighbor, had to act as if they actually liked each other, walked around the neighborhood, and socialized, all while acting as if they were heads over heels. All in all, a complete nightmare that was both emotionally and physically draining.

Taehyun sighed and flopped back to the floor, his shoulders thudding into the soft carpet, their impact muffled by the thick layer underneath him. He stared up at the ceiling, the room suddenly too bright and each movement too loud. His lids began to drift closed, yearning to sleep just as much as every other part of him was begging to do so. He could barely move his arms and his foot began to twitch, a slight tingle shooting up his leg at every motion. He just wanted to sleep. He knew Beomgyu wanted to too. There was just one problem.

There was one fucking bed.

And neither boy wanted to sleep there.

Taehyun, however, was so fucking tired he suddenly didn't care. He needed his rest and he wasn't going to get it in a well-lit room sprawled across the floor. Slowly, wincing at every muscle that popped, the blonde climbed to his feet, stumbling to his left and placing a hand flush against the wall, trying his best to steady his shaking legs.

"I'm going to bed," he murmured, his voice rasping after the night of yelling. Beomgyu glanced up at him, his own eyelids drooping every other second. Silently, he nodded, the corner of his lip quirking upward, before reaching out and beginning to clean up the rather large mess of monopoly. "What are you smiling at, idiot?"

Beomgyu's smirk shifted into an even wider, shit-eating grin, eyes not leaving the game board. "You broke first and gave up on the game. I'm just enjoying my victory."

"I never said I wanted to quit!" Taehyun snapped, the action leaving him stumbling and slumping against the wall. Beomgyu's eyes widened and he shot up from the floor, leaving the game half in its box before slowing his actions and walking towards the blond. He was murmuring under his breath as he approached before hesitating in front of his fellow agent. "What?" Taehyun hissed, allowing his back to slump further against the wall.

"Fucking idiot," was the only response before, with a roll of his eyes, Beomgyu reached over and tugged the blond towards him, swooping down and pulling up, leaving the younger boy draped in his arms like a bride, Beomgyu's arms wrapped around his knees and under his arms.

"Let me down, dipshit!"

"You can barely walk fuckface, I'm not going to have you break something stumbling back to the bedroom."

"I don't need your help!" Taehyun slurred, trying his best not to melt into the warmth of Beomgyu's embrace.

"I'm fucking aware, now shut up."