o p e r a t i o n t w e l v e

I'm finally back hooome~
Sorry it's late uwu
—————-
"Beomgyu, dear," Taehyun called, having finished the last of the dishes and joined the rest of the boys back in the living room.

"Yes, love?"

"Since when," The blond grinned, "could you cook so well?"

"I could always cook well!" Beomgyu screeched, turning his full attention to his partner.

"That is not true!"

"It totally is!"

"Bullshit! Your food for company is so much better than when you cook for just me!"

"My food for you is just fine!"

"Fine and good are two different things, Gyu."

Beomgyu sighed, the small smile never leaving his face as he turned back to their guests, "it doesn't matter much anyway," he murmured, tilting his head to throw a wink towards Taehyun, "I don't need to impress you. After all, you aren't dating me for my cooking skills." Taehyun arched his eyebrows and opened his mouth to snap back but before he could do that he broke down laughing.

"I was going to say," he huffed, finally plopping down beside his fellow agent, "that as your boyfriend you should work your ass off to impress me, but then I realized that after having lived with you, you make a fair point."

"Why? because I impress you in all other ways?" Beomgyu hummed, as he slipped his hand around Taehyun's waist, fingers spreading across the agent's side so gently it was as if he was made of glass.

"No," Taehyun scoffed, shifting his body to lean towards Beomgyu without a single thought, a dangerous tint glittering in his eyes, "its because no matter what you do to try and impress me, you can never return to the glamorous image you painted for me a few years ago."

Beomgyu blinked at the boy for a second before cocking his head to the side. "Wha-"

"He means," Seungmin interrupted, grinning and patting Hyunjin's leg simultaneously, "that living with you has immediately lowered all of his standards." The boy turned to Taehyun and gave him a nod, expression sympathizing. "Don't worry Taehyun-ssi, we get it." Beside Seungmin, Felix nodded solemnly, leaving the other three to glance around very confused.

"Okay..." Hyunjin murmured, shaking his head, "Since I am currently very confused, let's move on."

"Agreed," Changbin and Beomgyu murmured, throwing suspecting glances towards their partners.

"Oo!" Felix giggled excitedly, "Let's play a game!"

"And what do you want to play, Lix," Changbin smiled warmly, carding a hand through the boy's soft locks.

"Uh," he murmured, eyebrows scrunched together, "good question."

"What about mafia!"

The whole room froze for a fraction of a second, so quickly that no one completely noticed. Hyunjin glanced up from his phone with an excited smile on his face. "That's fun right?"

"Babe," Seungmin frowned, slapping the long-haired boy's leg, "kind of a hard subject with all the murders happening... you know... by the mafia."

"It could be a serial killer," Changbin murmured, tilting his head to the side in thought.

Felix frowned, leaning comfortably into his boyfriend's side, "But the police think that it was a new cartel mafia thing that popped up recently." Changbin scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Since when did the police ever know or care," he murmured, shoulders slumping down as he stared at his lap. Taehyun and Beomgyu glanced at each other and the blonde could feel his partner tighten his grasp on his waist. Before either one of them could say anything to diffuse the tension, however, Felix was already on it.