o p e r a t i o n s e v e n

"Choi! Get your ass out of there and let's go on this fucking walk. I would like to be back before dark!" The blonde yelled from across the house, rolling his eyes when he received no response. "I swear to God! Choi Beomg-"

"I'm coming, holy shit!"

"What the fuck is taking you so long?"

A groan came from down the hall and a frustrated Beomgyu appeared, his fists clenching at his sides, nails digging into his palms as he tried to control his temper. "As hard as it is to believe, I'm not a doll to order around for your amusement, Kang."

"But, what were you doing?"

"Why does it matter?"

"I-"

"Exactly! So drop it," the elder snapped, grabbing his jacket and pulling it over his simple t-shirt. "Now let's get going because you wOuLd LiKe tO get bAcK before DarK." Taehyun growled in response to the mocking, his mood only darkening when the fleeting expression of a smirk crossed Beomgyu's expression. Storming over to the door, his footsteps sending waves of his anger through the floorboards and off the walls, Taehyun scowled and threw the door open, immediately replacing his expression with one of indifference with a drop of joy. He turned towards his partner and motioned him out the door, Beomgyu rolling his eyes seemingly playfully to anyone else who wasn't them. Together, after locking the door of their small but cozy house with a satisfying click, the two turned, arm in arm, and walked off the porch.

The sun above them began its downward journey to the horizon, two-thirds of the way to its resting point. Its light shone out across the world, giving it a golden glow and the thin clouds that floated above them shone in the shimmering light.

 A slight breeze danced around them, ruffling their jackets and nipping at their skin before playfully wandering off past them, providing a slight chill in the spring-like air, contrasting with the blanket of warmth draped across them from the sun. It really was a beautiful day and the whole neighborhood seemed to be stopped in a calmingly quaint point of time, perfectly quiet and beautifully sound.

The pair's light footfalls joined the chorus of the birds that flitted around them and added another sound to contribute to the fallen silence between them. It wasn't a necessarily uncomfortable silence but it wasn't relaxing either. Taehyun shot a glare at their interlocked arms than to the boy beside him, his frustration from before refusing to dissipate.

"Careful," Bepmgyu murmured, never turning his head but the smirk on his lips clear enough to the younger. "Keep looking at me like that, and we may get compromised."

"Couples have fights all the time."

"Yeah, but they don't walk with arms interlocked while they do so." Taehyun rolled his eyes before forcing a more cheerful glint into his eyes, restraining himself from turning and socking the annoyingly attractive boy beside him in the jaw. A more deafening silence fell upon them and he could feel Beomgyu twitch his fingers, his unhindered hand tapping out a rhythm against his leg as to compensate for the uncomfortable situation. After enough time had passed, the boy huffed.

"Okay," he murmured, his eyes darting around to make sure no one was around. Luckily for them, they couldn't see anyone on the sidewalks at all, which was reassuring. "Getting the lay of the land will be hard. We already passed the houses that Namjoon-ssi and Yoongi Hyung warned us about so now we are in uncharted territory."

Taehyun nodded in agreement, slowly drawing himself out of the cloud of annoyance that had settled across his mind. "We need to somehow figure out who lives where and we also need to locate those few couples that Namjoon hyung mentioned. We also need to learn schedules and such from our closest neighbors and work outwards."