{25} Sounding the Alarm

Start from the beginning

The girl was as much a fool as BlackStar when it came to reading certain moods and atmospheres, and this particular fight was one of them. She didn't understand what she had just done, what she had just said to add fuel to a burning flame. What Eevee had done in the name of trying to not make BlackStar feel like she had actually won against Kid was her letting him know that she pretty much butcher the shinigami and made him suffer before taking him.

Even though he wanted to be greater that the gods, BlackStar was still the type of person to look after his friends. He was protective of them to the point of committing murder if it meant protecting or avenging them. Eevee and Curran fit both of those requisites to get murdered by the blue haired, egotistical, superiority complexed meister.

BlackStar let out a sound that Eevee could only think of as a sort of sort before lunging at her. She was going to stand her ground and block his attack, but as soon as he was in a foot's distance Tsubaki chained into her smoke bomb form and blocked Eevee's eyes with dark clouds. It only took Curran second to transform into human and shove Eevee off of the roof they had been fighting on before a loud, blue blurred smashed a whole where she had been standing.

Curran had Eevee bridal style in his arms as he jumped from roof to roof until he wound a solitary road where he jump down to and rested his back against the wall panting. He didn't place Eevee down on the ground and simple held her close as he tried to regain his breath.

If only if they had had more time to recover from the fight with Kid, Curran thought. It wasn't that he couldn't go hand-to-hand with Tsubaki and BlackStar, he was actually far better off than the others that where with Medusa. It was Eevee that bothered him. She was still not at her full strength or at full acknowledgment that their plans had begun.

Eevee was concern with fighting BlackStar, with not hurting him physically and emotionally, but she'd failed at that second part. Leave it to her, who knew BlackStar from a young age, to hit him where it hurt him the most. Two places, actually.

“Curran,” her voice was what made him focus at the task at hand, “You look pale. Are you not feeling good? Maybe we should—”

He snapped his eyes open. Eevee was on her feet now, when she had gotten out of his grasp, Curran didn't know. His back was pressed firmly against the brick wall behind him, the pants coming faster, his chest feeling like someone was crushing it in their hand. Eevee was becoming a blur to him, but he could make out that she was coming closer to him.

Something was wrong with Curran, Eevee could not only see it in his body language but also in his disoriented, mismatched eyes. She couldn't see herself in his eyes, he wasn't looking at her but through her. His panting was turning into hyperventilating of some sorts and Eevee was beginning to panic because she didn't know what to do.

BlackStar was here, he was coming, he would be here at any second because she could feel his soul wavelength coming closer. She was weaponless, with her partner having some sort of stroke or panic attack or something far worse. Eevee's hand, much to her own shock, reached up to take Curran's face in her hands and force him to look at her.

“Curran,” she whispered. She was already trying to hide their souls from those around them, but it was something she wasn't supposed to do because they needed the attention of Shibusen on them, and it didn't help against BlackStar because he could sense them anyway.

Deathly SymmetricalOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara