8

chapter eight

"Did you run away to hide some evidence?" Kokichi's voice suddenly pierced the silence in the room, slamming the door shut behind him.
"Something like that," I answered. "I was scared Shuichi would find the countless murder plans I wrote." I laughed, Sitting up from my bed.

Silence unexpectedly surfaced, drowning and clogging the room. I looked at him confused. What's his problem?

Kokichi gave me a withering glance in response to my own. "Does it hurt?" He asked, reminding me of the previous hours. I blinked slowly at the question.
"Sorta. Feels like it's on fire now."
Kokichi grumbled, "Surprised you didn't cry."
"I'm not a baby, you know? Stop pestering me."
Kokichi looked even more annoyed.
"I'm pestering you?"

I didn't want to waste my energy teasing him right now. Kokichi rubbed his forehead, slouching at my silence.

"There's a wound in her head." I spoke.
"Angie's?" I hummed, leaning down to pick at my gauze. I wanted to get anything out. something to distract my hands from clamming up suddenly.

"Korekiyo got excited." Kokichi added, biting his fingernails. I agreed. He got too carried away that I heard and got looped into it.

We found ourselves grow silent again, Bathing in the sudden tension.

"Oh uh, Thank you...by the way." Kokichi's eyes met mine, surprise laced within his expression.
"What?"
"Thanks for saving my ass back there with Korekiyo. Probably would've ended up like Angie if it weren't for you."
Kokichi took his time responding, fixing his posture.

"I was worried." He answered quietly, Turning and walking towards the door. I glanced at him, wondering at his sudden openness. His shoulders were slumped and his knuckles were white from gripping the door handle.

"Worried?"
i ran through the catalogue of things i could have said, something to explain his sudden panic to leave.

"I only really showed up to see what the noise was myself. It was a coincidence you happened to be there, so don't take it as saving your ass."

"And yet you arrived with the other's?" My accusation came out more like a statement rather a question. Furthering Kokichi's grip on the door.

"You really think I brought them to save you?" Kokichi suddenly laughed, his head finally turning to face me. "It was for my own entertainment-setting you up."

i tried to swallow the sour taste in my mouth. it felt like glass scraping effortlessly and endlessly. "right." I replied.

Tension settled once again. But not before the bang of the door slamming shut.

•••
Make sure to vote (star) !!

also THANKS FOR THE DATING ADVICE AHAHA WE'RE OFFICIAL NOW !! <33 we've been best friends for 4+ years so it's comfortable and less awkward than i thought!