1

CHAPTER ONE.
cw: gore

When I managed to get close enough to see her face, I froze. Her eyes were as wide as deer caught in headlight. There was no more beauty in her face. Her feet were 3 inches off the ground, blood trickling down her neck and soaking her clothes. The only thing stopping her from plummeting face down on the ground was a spear. Her own spear. Around the hilt of the weapon the blood dripped slowly into a puddle on the floor. Pain was clearly plastered on her face as helpless gasps of air strained her throat.

I could feel the sweat drench my skin, the throbbing of my eyes, my sore throat straining from the stream of shouts leaving me. Fear surges up and down my body as my legs buckle, even still, adrenaline floods my system.
I have to run.

Please legs, move !

A laugh rolled around the air.
"It's ironic how one of her own crappy inventions got her killed!"

I couldn't believe it. He told me he loved me. He found ways to become physically close, chipping away at the emotional layers of protection around my heart. Yet I was only entertainment to this man. Just someone to take his twisted ideas out on.
"Why did you make me do this !?" The words stumbled over one another. And just for a moment, the world was a blur of dull colours.

"You need to quite down or you're going to get both of us caught-or is that too hard for the ultimate antagonist to understand!?"
He was right. The chatter of the others heading up towards the roof confirmed that.

I adored him with a huge passion. His presence buzzed around me like a fly I could not swat. But he's also a liar and a horrible, horrible human being. If it wasn't for the situation he had got us into, I wouldn't have reached for his outstretched hand right then. I wouldn't have let him break into a sprint, holding my hand so tightly. I wouldn't have trusted him with my life...

•••

I tossed and turned but just couldn't find the right position. A lingering haze of sleep sat somewhere at the back of my mind but was too far away to reach. Bitter discomfort blossomed in my chest and made it difficult for me to think.

Death wasn't kind, I had known that. It snatched where it could, taking people far too young. I watched for hours, my face sunken and haunted. Mind cold and empty. All that was left was blood and the rope.

During Kaede's execution I had stumbled to the corner of the room. with each step, my stomach has tightened and ached more and more. I tried to swallow the liquid but my throat just kept clenching. The liquid soon left my mouth and-

"..."

"I need to stop thinking about it."
Trying to make myself fall into slumber, I took as many deep breaths as I could, but they caught in my throat. At that moment I knew this was going to be a long day.

"Fuck it." Sitting upright I felt a sudden jolt of exhaustion, sliding off my bed and onto the rough carpet of my dorm room. My body lost it's strength long ago. My mind shattered and energy following suite. Without the hatred for Monokuma, I'd be nothing and feel nothing. So why eat? Why sleep? Why continue to breathe?

But, I have this feeling of hate. It is the fuel that keeps my heart pumping and brain ticking. Revenge is coming. And it's coming real soon.

I stood up slowly, shrugging my exhaustion away with a soft slap to the face.
"I should get some breakfast."

——————————————————-
Note area:

•Hello ! So This is basically just the opening of the book. I hope you enjoyed it so far ! Plz remember to vote :D I'll be leaving daily notes on other chapters so please read them at the end !

Dear, asshole. | Kokichi x reader |जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें