6

tysm for 500+ stars !! welcome me back from my writers block <33 !!!!

chapter six

Shuichi sat rigidly in front of me. He had asked to talk alone-for me to plead my case, seeing as the evidence clearly wasn't in my favour.

thinking back to the so called 'evidence', I couldn't help but smile to myself. I had murdered korekiyo in cold blood. Or, in fact, that's what i'm willing to make them believe.

However, in reality, I had desperately asked for kokichi's help which unfortunately lead to me being framed.

what a humoures situation.

Shuichi coughed, scratching the back of his head awkwardly. This simple action allowed me to come to terms with reality. specifically the unimpressed glare in the detectives eyes.

shuichi sharpened his gaze, His hands soon resting on his legs, leaning himself forward to catch my gaze.
"I don't understand how you can smile right now due to the position you're in."

I was left silenced. with no motivation to respond and no gaze to return, he leaned back in his seat. (what an utterly shameful situation.) if i hadn't yawned obnoxiously right then and there, i'm sure we both would have turned into stone.

in fact, my inability to respond was the reason i'm still not allowed in my dorm..! if i hadn't showed any hesitance, or disregard, I wouldn't be sat in this library with that smug purple haired bastard watching me from across the room. Seriously, why is he even in here?

"All we saw was you covered in blood, a knife, and in front of you was korekiyo... " Shuichi's words trailed off hopelessly, losing themselves in the pit of my stomach.
"dead," my gaze caught his awkwardly,
"Korekiyo dead." his jaw rooted uncomfortably, and i wonder what expression my face held as his gaze bored into mine. oh dear, dear oh dear, it's a shame how much i'm enjoying this.

"All i'm asking you is for the story-of what happened before we arrived."

I respect his curiosity, however i'm quite intrigued myself...
why would Kokichi frame me?

"Nothing happened in particular. You walked in and saw me murder him in cold blood, it's as simple as that." I wonder if that had pissed shuichi off, i could theorise it did due to the last piece of sympathy leaving his eyes.

"This cow is obviously guilty, I mean, did you see the blood spurting from his neck?" Kokichi's eyes swelled with amusement, pushing himself off the wall triumphantly.

"Or maybe it was in self defence ! Y/N was soooo obviously trying to save me!"

i felt hatred. i felt utter hatred at the words he spoke. the voice he even dared to taunt me with. my sudden rush of embarrassment, however, left my face sunken and lips parted, eyes blinking rapidly as his lips curled into a nostalgic smile.

save kokichi? yeah right..!

Shuichi hummed thoughtfully.
"In self defence..." he muttered to himself, head falling into his hands.
"Must explain why you're injured." He followed shortly, sighing and jutting his upper lip out to blow away his bangs.

"Maybe I was injured because Korekiyo was trying to defend himself." I rebuttaled.
Shuichi's eyes opened slightly, as if what i said was plausible.

"He attacked you with a blade, which we found in the hallway..And the blood trail, presumably yours, lead from the blade, throughout the hallway and into the classroom.."

I felt my gaze wander to my leg, scanning the gauze for any sign of blood leakage.
It's hard to mess with him. With kaede it was so much more fun.

"Care to explain how he was using self defence, when the blade had hit you from behind?"

oh.

"You analysed my wound." I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.
"The shape of the wound is only possible with the blade thrown from behind." Shuichi added.

"Otherwise he would have hit an artery." The three of our heads shot up, watching Kirumi welcome herself into the room.
"And you would have bled out already."

"Do you mind? We didn't call room service." Kokichi's smile widened at his own joke, however Kirumi's eyes remained fixated on Shuichi and me.

"Y/N i suggest not putting pressure on the wound..Or sitting in that position."
"Yes of course, my dear princess." My reply was sarcastic, mixed with agitation at the situation, however i didn't budge.

The sigh that escaped Kirumi was slow, exhaustion clearly catching up to her. Smiling, I rested my elbow on my knee.
"Tired of my presence already?" I joked, receiving a scoff from Kokichi.

"That wasn't even directed at you, bitch boy."
"I'm the Bitch boy? you're the one with the pathetic wound."
"It's your fault in the first place!"
"oh?" Kokichi's eyes lit up with amusement, "and why would that be?" I wanted to scream violently in his face. Heck, grab the blade Korekiyo used and go ham.

The note you left for me, asshole. If i hadn't left my dorm to come see you, I wouldn't have gotten wrapped up into this !

"..."

"Forget it." I scoffed, picking my lip as distraction. Kokichi tipped his head back and laughed loudly, furthering the embarrassment crawling up my spine.

I wanted to stay straight faced, aggressively throw my shoe or maybe storm off - he was after all laughing at me. But before I could stop myself, an airless laugh left my nose.

I fucking hate him

Suddenly, as if cliche, the libary door had burst open. The culprit, Kaito, revealed himself humourlessly falling onto a bookcase. His breathing was ragged, sweat coating his forhead with his hands placed firmly on his knees.

"Shuichi," he choked, craning his head up to meet our gazes
"there's another body."

•••

hello its been so long HIIII..!! >:0
9k reads damn ily guys SMM!! TYSM FOR THE STARS (REMEMBER TO VOTE) But...
I'm back and writing again ! I had a vvvv long writers block so welcome me back !! /lh

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

i also got a new haircut because im so swag /s

Dear, asshole. | Kokichi x reader |जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें