7

chapter seven

With a loud creak, the window behind me was opened. A bush of hair popping outside quickly.
"It smells so gross i might throw up." Kokichi strained, aggressively inhaling the outside air.
"just tell me when so i can leave." I grimaced, pinching my nose in grotesque.

Many complaints were shared among the room as everyone investigated, wallowing quietly. The outside breeze kisses me warmly as i let my hands explore the planks of the classroom-hoping to uncover any clues.

I had concluded a trial against me wouldn't be necessary as the killer is, thankfully, dead. However as kaito ushered us to follow him, he had brought us upon an unfortunate mystery. A new body. Where an alarm sounded upon discovery.

I feel my gaze wander to where we found her, landing on the pool of blood beside her corpse.

Angie was brutally murdered.
and the murderer wasn't korekiyo.

"Y/N," A voice called out.
Shuichi's presence lingered above a moment, before finally crouching down beside me. "Could you explain what happened again..? before the fight with korekiyo, i mean." I didn't dare meet his eyes. Praying...begging, he would take a hint and
"piss off."

"..." Shuichi inhaled sharply at my words. From where my gaze lands, i can see his hand placed flat on the ground. shaking, but steadying his crouching figure.
"Y/N, we need your help."
"you don't need shit shuichi."

I can feel my hands tingling, wanting nothing more than to pull the hair on my scalp. please leave.

fortunately-with no further comments-shuichi stood up hastily.
"good luck, detective." I wavered, finally returning the stern gaze he pierced me with.

If i hadn't known any better, I would've guessed his eyes portrayed sympathy. Which is, for better or for worse, a disgusting thought.

With a final sigh Shuichi let me be, walking towards kaito and a few others.

In my head i was itching to say something-a statement that would prove to be helpful. However, I find my voice wiltering as my patience suddenly became thin. I can understand why Shuichi is pissed, seeing as i'm embarrassed at my childish behaviour. However, to directly dismiss his weak pleas for help, creates a pride like no other. I find my heart grow lighter and smile wider, as if i'm floating.

I feel like a God.

With brisk steps I made my way throughout the room. Weaving myself between the others before walking out the door.

It was stupid of me to get involved last night and it's even more stupid of me to get involved now. Whatever happened to Angie is irritating and pointless. Why was she out so late at night? How is it that she was so naive?

All i know that it was her fault, her murder, that looped me into this mess. Don't get me wrong, it's exciting to mess around with the other students. But it is not fun to be ridiculed by Shuichi's gaze. The gross unwavering sympathy in those eyes. How dare he.

I curse as my fist makes contact with the wall, gritting my teeth in anger.

I will hold it together. He won't sympathise any longer. no one will.

I let my fist fall to my side as I continue through the hallway.

•••

REMEMBER TO VOTE !! this chapter is short because im on holiday and it's really late in the night.

piss filter. OKAY GN REMEMBER TO DRINK WATER-not urine