022

Chapter Twenty-Two:
Deer Ankles

Renee Trinity Jackson Chicago, Illinois

Chicago, Illinois

"I ask this nigga how his girl was, how this nigga gon' say which one?" Cameron said while pointing at Cash, making all the others laugh and Reneé turned to look at him before sarcastically shaking her head.

It was 7pm in Southside Chicago, they were in the back yard at Mama D's house. All of them had either alcohol or weed in their hand as they sat in a circle and talked the night away. Most of the relatives had left except a few close aunties or cousins but they was about to leave too. 80s soul music played in the background while the group laughed and talked, a cool breeze flowed through the air as the stars in the sky twinkled.

"Nigga I was in high school, nobody got time to be faithful in high school." Cash mumbled before taking a drag from his blunt, enjoying the feeling of the smoke.

"Yo ass ain't had time to actually attend the school either." Lisa chimed in as she sipped some Henny, "Teachers would ask you if you was new cuh you barely came in."

"Nigga I was in high school, nobody got time to be attending high school." Cash said which made Reneé chuckle a bit at how laid back he was. This man didn't care 'bout nothing but money and making his life as easy as possible.

"If you say that shit one more time I'm gon' eat yo blunt." Koop said and Lisa hummed in agreement.

"You can tell he ain't attend his classes, his brain only know two sentence structures and that's one of 'em." Cameron said as he took a drag from his own blunt.

"Y'all niggas comin' for me but let's talk about you." Cash said looking at both Cameron, Lisa and Koop.

"First of all, Koop ion know why you be talkin' like you wasn't itching and burning all through senior year." Cash said which made Reneé and Lisa gasp while Koop smacked his lips.

"Unt unt, Lisa don't be mumbling and cackling like you innocent, yo ass was pregnant all through senior year. That's why Ms Davis thought you was a whole substitute teacher." Cash said which made Lisa roll her eyes and mumble something under her breath.

"Cameron, yo ass went through a whole month where you beat a new person up every day. So don't act like y'all was in high school to study." Cash finished off before taking a long drag and blowing it out while he smiled at the others.

"Daaaamn." Reneé said after she laughed, these these four seemed like they were trouble when they were teenagers.

"What was you like in high school?" Lisa asked her, turning all the attention on Reneé.