005

Chapter Five:
Get it together, Reneé

Reneé Trinity JacksonChicago, Illinois

Chicago, Illinois

Reneé couldn't help but smile as she drove home, she was grinning from ear to ear. Cameron had her giggling all the way to her apartment door. He'd asked for her number and she'd given it to him, with no hesitation. It was safe to say that she was done curving him, her plan had failed but she was still gon' keep him at a distance.

Can't let niggas round here treat me average. She thought as she poured her Sprite into a tall glass, grabbed her pack of jelly beans and sat on her sofa.

Reneé slipped off her heels and pulled out her bra before putting watching her all time favourite movie, Poetic Justice. She laid on the sofa at midnight and watched the movie for the hundredth time this year. That movie made her feel things other movies failed to make her feel.

"Damn she stubborn as hell." Reneé chewed her jellybean as she watched her walk beside the van.

Her phone dinged which caught her attention. She grabbed it and checked to see who had texted her.

-773-968-6319-

You get home safe?

Who's this?
Received at 00:45

stop playin you know who this is

Cameron?
Received at 00:48

no it's ur pops

boy bye, you not funny
Received at 00:51

but I left your ass smillin like smthing was funny 🤔

I thought the nigga that's stalking me said sum 😕
Received at 00:53

Rolling her eyes, Reneé put her phone away and focused back on her movie. If she talked to this man anymore, she'd catch feelings for the first time in her 20 years of life. And she didn't know if she wanted that yet, especially with a very obvious gang banger.

-XX-

"Come again." Reneé waved at her customer who had just gotten her nails, lashes and hair done. She was about to go to her baby daddy's wedding and she wanted to look hella bomb to make him see what he was missing.

Or at least that's what she told Amari, who told Lisa, who told Reneé.

"Boss lady we goin for lunch." Fiona said as she cleaned up as she checked her watch, it was certainly lunch time and on Fridays, all the girls would go out to lunch together but Reneé was going to miss out today to finish off some tax work.