TS-19

THIRD POV

Everyone quickly rushes through the large doors into the CDC to get away from the dead. Katherine was panting heavily as she hauled her bag over her shoulders.

"Everyone here?" She looks around her, counting everyone in her head. She let out a sigh of relief upon realising nobody had been harmed. Katherine takes a good look at the lobby, which was empty.

"Hello?" Rick called out.

A man with blonde hair walked into the lobby with a rifle in his hands, almost as though he was ready in case anybody were to ambush him.

"Anyone infected?" Jenner asked, his eyes scanning the group carefully.

Rick shook his head," One of our group was. He didn't make it. "He sadly says.

Jenner nods before speaking again," Why are you here? What do you want?"

"A chance. "Rick replies.

"That's asking for a lot these days. "Jenner says.

"We know. But we're practically starving out there. "Katherine steps forward. "We have kids, man. "She points to the children.

Jenner looks back at everyone. "You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission. "

"We can do that. "Rick agrees.

"You got stuff to bring in, do it now. Once those doors close, it stays closed. "Jenner warns.

Everyone nods and runs to grab their things. Katherine already had hers, she didn't really have much in the first place, just some spare jeans and tops, a knife sharpener, feminine products and one can of beans.

Once everyone was back they follow Jenner to an elevator. "VI, seal the main entrance. Kill the power up here. " Jenner calls.

"Rick Grimes. "Rick introduces himself to Jenner.

"Dr. Edwin Jenner. " Jenner smiles.

"Doctors always go around packing heat like that?" Daryl asks. Katherine snickers and shakes her head.

"There were plenty left lying around. I familiarized myself. But you look harmless enough. " Jenner then looks down roc Carl," Except you. I'll be keeping my eye on you. "Carl smiles and laughs lightly.

"What happened to everybody?" Katherine asks, as everyone exits the elevator. "They opted out. "Jenner shrugs.

Carol speaks up," Are we underground?" She asks.

"Are you claustrophobic?" Jenner looks back at her.

"A little. "

After everyone got their blood tested, they sat around a large table. They ate pasta and drank wine, conversing with one another.

"Are you tipsy?" Katherine pokes Glenn's cheek. "Are you my mom?" Glenn shoots back. Katherine laughs and slaps him on the back of his head.

Dale and Lori start talking about how children in Italy had some wine in dinner, and France too.

"Awe, come on, Lori. Let him have some. "Katherine begs, wanting to see Carl's reaction. "In Ireland they start drinking when thy start teething. "She jokes, taking a big bite of her pasta.

Everyone agrees and watches as Dale hands Carl a sip of wine. He looks to his mother for approval and takes a sip. "Ewww!" Carl gags.  Everyone laughs at Carl.  "That was nasty. "Carl scrunches his face up.

"Well, just stick to soda pop. "Shane ruffles carls hair.

"Not you Glenn. "Daryl smirks.

"What?" Glenn asks.