• Chapter 8 •

*Lorenzo's POV

Everyone else was dancing or either drinking and there she was standing alone with a glass in her hand.
An unknown man who was standing next to her was constantly watching her . He came infront of her and was talking in italian  which she ofcourse doesn't understand. She gave her hand in his hand and went on the dance floor to dance with an stranger.
What the fuck.

I felt a sudden anger when I saw his hands around her waist slowly going down. I could see how uncomfortable she was while dancing with him. I could feel her eyes on me . She might've been dancing with him but her eyes were glued on me .

I could beat the ass of this Italian clown right here right now but since it's my sister's engagement party I didn't want to ruin her night.
I couldn't control anymore and went straight to the dance floor and removed his filthy hands off her.

"Take your hands off her you piece of shit." , I scolded him pushing him away from her . He didn't seen to understand what I said so he didn't bother coming near her again and fight me .

" We're leaving .", I told her as I grabbed her hands and pulled her out of the house and leading us to the car.

" I was going to leave the dance floor until you came.", she said when I started the car.

"I don't give a shit. You're free to do whatever the fuck you want ." ,I replied because I was so fucking pissed off that I didn't wanted to hurt her anymore with my words so I kept quiet during the entire ride .

I parked my car in the parking lot and waited for her to get out of the car because I didn't want to repeat the mistake I did earlier.
She was definitely hurt and confused by my words and actions today but right now I didn't give a shit. I was angry that the man from the party earlier got to be so close to her and touch her and I couldn't. I couldn't expressed how I feel about her because I was fucking terrified that what happened to her will again happen to Inez and I don't want history repeating itself.

I walked straight to my room when we both came out of the elevator. I didn't even bother looking back at her. I shut my door behind and  I walked inside my room. Seconds later I heard her opening her door and I was relieved to know that she safely went inside her room.

I removed my suit and folded the sleeves of my shirt and start walking back and forth in my room. I opened a packet of cigarette from my drawer and went to the balcony to smoke.

I was finally relieved and calm when I heard a knock in my door. I went to open the door and there she was standing in her red dress still looking so fucking beautiful.

" What are you doing here?" , I asked her.

"I couldn't sleep.", she said stepping inside my room.

"Then what are you doing in my room. I can't sing you a lullaby to make you sleep." ,I replied rudely but she didn't seemed bothered.

" I didn't know you smoked. I haven't seen you smoke before.",she said completely ignoring my question.

" You don't know many more things about me . And even if I smoke it's none of your fucking concern. Now please leave my room."

" Why are you doing this to me?"

" Doing what?", I replied even though I knew exactly what she meant.

" This. Why are you behaving so rudely with me all of the sudden. You were ignoring me the entire time in the party ,you didn't even bother saying a word to me but when you saw me dancing with that guy you were pissed off. You try to avoid me, leave me in the car , don't talk a single word in that fucking party and now you are speaking to me as if I've done something bad to you. You can't treat me like a piece of shit everytime. You can't expect me to just keep quiet when you do this to me.", she shouted at me.

I knew it. I knew she was trying to control her anger all this time . She looked so angry while talking. I've never seen her getting so angry before. I understood every single word she said but I couldn't come up with an explanation because she was right ,I was trying to ignore her and fuck I even treated her like shit the entire time. I was good to her in the morning and when I took her to shopping but when I was so close to her in the car I couldn't control myself. I knew I would kiss her if I stayed in that car a little longer.

" That's because I don't like you. I thought I made that very clear to you."

" Oh yes you did , you made that very clear today. And you know what , I'm done playing your fucking game . I'm quitting this job right now. I'm tired of getting treated like shit by you. I have my self respect and I won't listen to your fucking bullshit anymore." ,she replied me back by heading to the door.

Shit. She was leaving. No fuck she was quitting her job. I felt bad when I heard those words leave her mouth. I wanted this ,I wanted her to hate me but I didn't want her to leave . I was used to watching her from my office everyday. I loved how she used to bite her pen everytime she was frustrated from work or everytime she rolled her eyes when she saw the couple in office kissing. I noticed everything she does. I notice things that even she doesn't know that she does.

"Wait.", I shouted grabbing her wrist and bringing her close to me. She turned back to me and instantly pushed me back.

" You can't quit this job. You've signed a 3months contract with my company. You are not allowed to quit before 3months unless I fire you. I can sue you , you're a lawyer you should know that you made that contract yourself . Remember?"

"Fire me then. I thought you hated me and didn't want me near you . If you don't like me then fire me yourself . Please spare me the fucking humiliation.", she shouted while her eyes were almost watery. She was trying so hard not to cry and break down infront of me.

"I can't fire you."

"Why not? Do you wanna emotionally torture me now? Or do you wanna keep ignoring me till 3 months? Tell me . Tell me why can't you stand me . Tell me why can't you fire me god dammit." , she ordered.

I can't do this anymore . I can't keep ignoring her and fall for her at the same time . I wanted to kiss her right now. I wanted to feel her lips on mine.

"Fuck.", I whispered leading towards her. She looked surprised but I suddenly crashed my lips against her. As my lips touched her, I felt like a stone left my heart which had been stuck there ever since I met her. Her lips tasted sweet just like the wine from the party earlier. I felt a sensation run through my body wanting to kiss her deeper and deeper.