Realization

~I have loved you at your darkest.~ Romans 5:8

I'm sorry!😂 there's more professional pics than this but look at his face!

Who loves the crazy moment you have with your siblings/friends? I mean to those who already know my age due to past chapters, I'm 16. And my siblings aren't to far behind!

So as teenagers, tell me why we decided to scream like banshees to get our papas attention while he was on the phone with someone important?

I'm so glad he thought it was funny and just scolded us instead of getting something to whoop us with! 😅😅😅

(F/P): favorite pattern

3rd P.O.V:
___________

Ralph peeked in through the glass doors of the penthouse, unnerved by the orange glow and the silence that usually isn't there, "hello, anybody home?"

He looked around as he stood in the middle of the room, "Felix...? Mary—?"

"Well, you actually went and did it."

Jumping at the voice, Ralph turned, relief and worry in his eyes as he frowned, "Gene, where is everybody?"

Gene poured the rest of his martini in his glass, a neutral expression in his face, "They're gone, after Felix went to find you and then didn't come back... everyone panicked and abandon ship."

He placed two olives in his glass as Ralph smiled weakly at him, "But... but, I'm here now?"

Gene shook his head, "It's too late, Ralph. Litwak's pulling our plug in the morning."

Gene jerked his head at little to the window, making Ralph frown as he walked towards the balcony. Opening the window he gasped, shocked sadness on his face as he saw the "Out of order" sign on the glass of his home.

Green sighed, finishing his martini and placing it upside down on the counter before fixing his suit, "But, never let it be said that I'm not a man of my word." He pulls out the key to the penthouse, tossing it to the bigger man, "The place is yours, Ralph. Enjoy."

He takes his suitcase and turns to the door, making Ralph panic  slightly as he reached an arm out, "Gene, wait, wait! Listen, this is not what I wanted."

"Well, what did you want, Ralph?" Green turned to face him, disappointment and sorrow in his eyes as he tightened his fists at his sides.

Ralph's eyes widened at the question, he shrugged helplessly, "I don't know, I... I just— I was just tired of living alone in the garbage."

Genes look doesn't change, "Well now, you can live alone in the Penthouse."

Without another word, Gene turned and walked out with his suitcase. Ralph watched after him before he sighed, facing the balcony doors as he walked out and leaned on the brunch railing.

He took a minute to stare at the orange sign, clenching his hands and hunching over himself as he shook his head at his mistakes, regretting his choices immensely as he yanked the medal from around his neck.

Not wasting a another second, Ralph pulled his arm back and threw the medal as far as he could, watching as it flew across the air and hit the glass with a muffled bang, the tape on the right side of orange sign falling.

Ralph looked at the outside with furrowed eyebrows, the weight of his actions taking a toll on him as he took in the sight of Sugar Rush. Reaching in his shirt, he pulled out the cookie heart Vanellope made for him, his heart clenching as he remembered (Y/N)'s gentle smiles.