Chapter 65

Sunday

"Marcel?" I said while walking in his bedroom. He giggled when he spotted me with the blouse and light blue jeans in my hand. "Don't laugh." I said and rolled my eyes. "I'm wearing this. What am I to do with my hair?" I asked and he tried not to laugh. "Pony tail?" he said and I bit my lip. "Isn't it too sporty?" I asked and he rolled his eyes. "No, it's not." he said annoyed and I threw my hands in the air. "I was just asking!" I said and walked away.

Light make up, hair up in a pony tail, white flower blouse, light blue jeans and flat lace up grey ankle boots - that's how I look like. Flowers, flowers....hell, why am I so nervous? "Marcel where is the bouquet?" I yelled. He stood up in the door frame and cleared his throat while looking on the table. "Oh. Thanks." I said and took it. "Why are you so stressed?" he asked and I put on a smile. "I want them to like me." I mumbled and he chuckled. "They will like you. They're all kind." Marcel said and I took a deep breath. "Okay. How do I look?" I asked and he looked me up&down. "Beautiful." he said and I smiled. "Thanks." I said

....

Marco opened the door. "Wait!" I exclaimed and he stopped getting in. I took the yellow tulips bouquet and let him continue. He got in while laughing. "Hi." I said and put the bouquet on his lap. "Be careful. I don't wanna give your mom only leaves." I said and started the engine. "That's for my mom?" he asked while observing the flowers. "Yep." I said and took the turning on left. "Where now?" I asked and he told me the way to get there. "You didn't have to buy flowers Em. She will like you anyways." Marco said and I smiled. "But I've wanted to bring her flowers." I said and heard his chuckle.

I got off the car and looked on the house. Nice. Not fancy at all. Just a simple white house. Yet it's beautiful. I was looking up when I felt Marco's presence next to me. "No kiss today?" he asked and I looked at him. Shit. Will they like me? I pecked his lips and sighed after pulling away. "You don't have to be afraid of anything. Nor anybody." Marco said while looking into my eyes and I smiled. "Where is the bouquet?" I exclaimed and Marco held it up. "Don't. Worry." he said slowly and I took a deep breath. I've never been more nervous. "I love you Em." he said and took my hand in his. "Shall we?" he asked like a gentleman and I chuckled.

Marco knocked on the door and we waited for somebody to open it. When Marco's mom opened the door, my grip around Marco's hand tightened. "Come in." she said with a smile on her face. We stepped in and Marco helped me taking off my coat. "Mom, this is Emma. Em, this is my mother." Marco introduced us. I didn't want to let go if Marco's hand, but I had to. I needed to shake hands. "Nice to meet you." I said and she smiled. "I'm Manuela." she said and I nodded. She hugged me suddenly and I hugged back after realizing what's going on. After we had pulled away I gave her the bouquet. "Here you are madam." I said and she took it. "Thank you so much. Let's go." she said excited and started walking. I waited for Marco to take my hand and smiled when I felt his touch. "She likes you." he said and I chuckled. "Now the rest of the family. It's a piece of cake!" I said ironically and he shook his head. "C'mon." he said and started walking with me following him like a lost puppy.

Manuela went to Marco's dad and I smiled. They look like a nice couple. Harmony is all around. "Good afternoon." I said and looked around the living room. Everybody is here. "Eeeeem!" Nico squealed and jumped off the sofa. He ran to me and I giggled. "Hello." I said and knelt down. "How are you?" I asked and he smiled showing off his little teeth. "Good." he said and I stood up again. Marco's dad stood up and went closer while looking at me carefully. "Hello. I'm Thomas." he said and we shook hands. "Emma. Nice to meet you sir." I said and he smiled. "No sir. Thomas. I am Thomas." he said and I chuckled. "Okay." I said and another man appeared. "Hello. I'm Ben." he said and I smiled. "Emma." I said and he lifted Nico up. "I've heard a lot about you from this little buddy right here." he said and I chuckled. "I hope only good things." I said and looked at Nico. Everybody in this family has beautiful eyes. Marco. Nico. Ben. Yvonne. Everybody.