Chapter 53

Sunday

"Em?" Marcel called my name when he stepped into the kitchen. Yeah, I'm cooking again. I feel like a char and a cook here. "What?" I asked and turned around from the stove. "What...what are you cooking today?" he asked while rubbing the back of his neck. Something is telling me that this is not what he wants to know. "Spaghetti." I said ignoring the feeling of nervousness. "I heard...that...you will give Marco a chance?" he asked. "I will see." I said and he smiled sadly. "After...after the one night stand...he will have to work hard to get the chance to touch me." I said and turned to the pot again. "What about Erik?" he asked and I looked over my shoulder. "He's my friend." I said sternly. He is nothing more. Maybe he would be by now if he didn't refuse kissing me the night I was drunk. "I've got an idea." Marcel said. I furrowed my eyebrows because his ideas are always very original. "Speak." I said.

"If...Maybe Marco could come for lunch." he said and my heart stopped beating. He? For a lunch? Now? "You need to give him the chance to make you forgive him." Marcel said and I shrugged. He's right. I need to give him the chance."Okay." I said and Marcel hugged me from behind. "Watch out! I'm cooking!" I exclaimed and he pulled away. "You have a big heart." he mumbled and left. Yeah, a big heart full of disappointment, chaos and love.

.....

"Hi." I looked up from the plate to see Marco with Marcel next to him. "Hey." I mumbled and put the plate on the table. "Sit down or it's gonna get cold." I said and they both nodded. I put some spaghetti on my own plate too and sat down opposite them. He is still looking at me and it makes me kind of nervous. I started eating and so did they. "It's amazing Em." Marcel spoke with full mouth and I smiled. "Yeah, it's very tasty." Marco said and I nodded. "Thank you." I said and Marco smiled.

I looked between Marco and Marcel who kept staring on me while I was still eating. I stood up and took their plates. "I hope it was good." I said and took the plates into the sink. "Em, I have to go." Marcel said from behind. I turned around and furrowed my eyebrows. "Where?" I asked and he rubbed his neck. "Um..yo...new posters for the next party." he said and I shrugged. I'll get some time alone at least. "Okay." I said and he came closer to me. "Be nice." he said and waved me goodbye. I furrowed my eyebrows and went after him. Marco is in the living room and Marcel has just slammed the door. Oh. I guess that I won't be alone. I looked down on the floor and returned to the kitchen. What the hell am I supposed to talk about with Marco?

"Can I help?" Marco asked and I shook my head. "No. I'll just dry it and that's it." I said and looked on the left. Every sight of him causes pain. "What will we do?" Marco asked while trying to smile. Shame that he couldn't do it. "I don't know." I said while drying the plate. I finished washing up and so I had to look at Marco. "I'm going to the living room." I announced and he nodded. I sat down on the sofa followed by Marco sitting next to me. "I'm sorry." he mumbled and I looked at him. "Stop saying it." I said and he nodded sadly. "I don't wanna fight again. But I'm wondering what's...what's between you and Erik?" he asked carefully and I chuckled sadly. "Friendship." I said and he made that 'oh' sound.

"You know, when the pain was on the highest level he helped me a lot." I said and he looked down. "I should thank him then." Marco said and I looked on my phone. "You have a chance. He's calling." I said and answered the phone. "Hey." I said while looking on my lap. "Hi. Are you up for a walk or something today?" he asked and I smiled lightly. I looked at Marco who focused his gaze on me. "I'm sorry. I'll call you later." I said. "Oh. Okay. If  something is going on call me. Whenever." he said and I nodded. "Fine. Bye Erik." I said and hung up. "What did he want?" Marco asked and I raised my eyebrows.

"He's seen me in a bad condition lately, so he was making sure if I'm fine." I said and he nodded. What will we do? This is so awkward. "Where is Marcel?" I asked Marco and he gulped. "He needs...those posters for the party." Marco said and I giggled. "No, I don't think so. So where is he?" I asked again and he smiled a little. "He didn't tell me." Marco said and I nodded. "Em, I want this to work. I want it so much." Marco said and put his hand on mine. I looked down and realized that this hand was touching somebody else. I pulled away and looked at him. He sighed and his face got pale. "Sorry." I mumbled and he nodded. "What made you pull away?" Marco asked and I felt the tears again. "That...your hand... it was touching somebody else." I mumbled. "I was so stupid." he said and my phone screen lit up. A message from Erik. 'Are you really okay? You sounded weird on phone. Don't you wanna meet?' I looked at Marco and he pointed on my phone. "You have to go?" he asked sadly and I closed my eyes to get rid of those tears.

"No. I don't have to. I can either go or stay." I said and he nodded. I won't go out with Erik, nor I'll stay. "I need to go for a walk." I said and stood up. I came back from my room after a while and went straight into the hall to put one my shoes and anorak. I looked in the living room and sighed. He's still in the same position. I walked in front of him and he looked up. "I'm going out alone. No friends." I said and he smiled. "I can't check with who you're going out." he said and I shook my head. "I just wanted to tell you." I said and smiled. "I'll go now." I said and walked away.

.....

This cannot be true. I was about 10 minutes away from our flat when it's started raining. So now, I'm all wet running to get back home a.s.a.p. I'm super cold. I opened the door from the flat and took off my shoes. "Emma?" Marcel called and appeared in front of me with Marco next to him. "Jesus." Marcel said dramatically and I looked at Marco. No emotion. I started laughing and they both raised their eyebrows. I put the anorak away and covered my mouth to stop laughing. "What is so funny?" Marcel asked and Marco chuckled. "This is my stupid luck." I said and pointed on my wet clothes. "I go for a walk about 1 time in 2 weeks and it has to rain right now." I said and he rolled his eyes. "It's amazing sight of you laughing again." Marcel said and I smiled. "I should walk while it's raining more often then." I said and walked past them. "I'm gonna take a shower." I said and walked into the bathroom.

I walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body. Marcel and Marco both looked in my direction, though Marcel covered his eyes immediately and Marco smiled shyly. I walked in my bedroom quickly and sighed. When I look at Marco, it seems that everything is gone. But when he is close to me or touches me, it is different. Just because he slept with a whore.

I sat down on the single couch with my white see through T-shirt with black bra under it and grey leggins. Marcel raised his eyebrows, but looked at the TV after a moment. "Where were you walking?" Marcel asked while keeping his gaze on the TV. "Through the park and I stopped by at a shop where the best jelly beans are sold." I said and he chuckled. "Childish." he said and I rolled my eyes. "What reminds me, there is a little package of them in my pocket, but I'm too lazy to get it." I said. Oh, why do my legs hurt so much? Marco stood up and I looked at him at once. "Can I get it for you?" he asked and I shrugged. "It's in my anorak pocket." I said and he smiled.

"Here." Marco said and held up my beans. "Thanks." I said and took it. He was walking away and I bit my lip in order not to say anything. "Marco come back here." I said and he furrowed his eyebrows. He came back and I touched his hand to open his palm. I put some beans on it and looked at him. "They're tasty." I said and he chuckled lightly. "Thank you." he said and I saw Marcel's smile. "Marcel catch it." I told him and threw the package on him. Amazing how simple beans can be so useful.

2 assists and lots of chances --> that's our Marco! :-)
Thanks for your comments and votes!
I've already written 2 chapters today! Happiness all around me! :-)