"You didn't make us scared Wilbur. We were having a proper chat... I was-"
"Aw lighten up, I was just doing boos, you like boos!" Ghostbur said excitedly. I sigh and shove my hands deeper into my pockets.

"Wil-" I try again but am cut off by Ghostbur.
"Boo!" Ghostbur says in a stupid voice. I didn't find it very funny. I grit my teeth and try to keep my cool.
"Boo! Go on Fundy say it... Boo!" Ghostbur looks at me like how I would look at a young child. I stare at him in disbelief. Seriously? It was humiliating.

"I'm not gonna say it," I say quietly.
"Boo!"
"Wil-"
"Boo! Go on, my little champion... Boo!"
"Don't call me that," I say darkly.
"Boo! Why don't you want to be my little champion? Boo!" Ghostbur carries on. I may have looked calm on the outside, but on the inside, I was a whirlpool of anger and confusion and hurt. Most of all I was disappointed. Wilbur Soot, oh how far you have fallen. I sigh and Phil puts a hand on my shoulder.

"Come on Fundy, say it... Boo!" that's it. I shake my head and I walk back down the docks away from him. Some fucking father.

~~~~ Phil's P.O.V ~~~~

I watch Fundy walk off and sigh. I look back at Ghostbur who's still completely clueless.
"He's very young, he's only like fourteen. He's going through some stuff he just needs time to calm himself," Ghostbur whispers to me. Fundy rounds the corner and disappears from view.

I shake my head as Ghostbur floats directionless around the end of the dock. Ghostbur was more childlike than Fundy was. Perhaps that was because of his lack of memory. Without bad memories, how can one remember their mistakes and learn from them?

"Phil do you know how old Fundy is?" Ghostbur asks me with a frown, he seems confused.
"I remember him as being very young but I don't know if he's gotten older since... Either way, he's still my special little guy!" Ghostbur says.

"I remember him being very annoyed whenever you said how cute he looked and-"
"But he does! He'll always be my little guy. Even when he's old and has a family of his own he'll always be my little guy. Where is he going on his little temper tantrum?" Ghostbur says. I sigh.
"I think he's going to my house," I say.

"Your house? Why would he go to your house? He's got a house of his own."
"He's lonely, so I offered him a place to sleep at my house,"
"Why would he be lonely? I'm always there in the sewer. If he ever needs some sewer time, he's always got old Ghostbur!" I sigh and shake my head. He doesn't understand, I don't think he ever will.

"I'm going to go back to my sewer, Phil, good to see you!" Ghostbur waves cheerfully and floats down the dock. Emotionless, I go through the motions of picking up the fishing rods and the bucket of the junk we'd picked up.

~~~~ Fundy's P.O.V~~~~

I sit on the end of my bed back in my house. I didn't want to go to Phil's just yet, I wanted to be alone. I can't believe Ghostbur. He's completely hopeless! I needed to talk to him. I needed to tell him who I was. I need to show him that I'm not a kid anymore.

I stand up and clench my fists. I trudge down the stairs and cross the floor to the door. A breeze hits me as I walk outside, I squint my eyes against it and feel my skin prickle with chills. I open my eyes and notice the clouds rolling in, it would rain soon. I don't hesitate any longer as I march to Ghostbur's crane, open the door and slide down the ladder that leads inside. I wrinkle my nose at the smell, it's awful down here.

I walk through the doorless entrance to Ghostbur's... room I suppose.
"Oh, it's my son! Hello!" Ghostbur greets me with a bright and silly voice. I suppress a growl and cross the room; I turn back to Ghostbur who's starting some potions.