4|| Undercover

TW: SWEARING, YELLING, VIOLENCE, PSYCHOLOGICAL TORTURE, ALCOHOL, UNDERAGE DRINKING

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So... Dream," Schlatt said in a questioning manner. Ranboo stood like he always did, tucked in the corner. I don't remember when he first started coming to these sessions, but I'm certainly glad he's here. He was all I had in this hell hole. 

The voices had not shut up the whole time I'd been here, the only time they toned it down a little was when I looked at Ranboo. But of course, I couldn't just stare, Schlatt might send him away, and then I'd really be alone. I look back at SChlatt. 

"What about him?" I sass, the voices mumble uncomfortably and make my ears ache.
"You trained together, yes? I wanna know, who was the best?" he asked and sat on the chair beside me. My nose was suddenly inflamed with the smell of cigarettes and too much cologne. I look away from him and try to answer as vaguely as possible. 

"It was Dream or myself, George and Sapnap were also incredibly skilled but we knew them too well," I reply. 
"How do you think that made Sapnap and George feel?" What was this? Therapy? I knit my brows together in confusion. 

"They never seemed to care particularly much, it made Sapnap more competitive but that was all," I say. It was the truth, I saw no harm in telling him this. 
"Now, Y/N, what did we say about lying?" I whip my head around and look Schlatt in the eye. 
"I'm not lying," I defend. 
"Oh really? I heard that George and Sapnap hated how you two always won, they were rather bitter about it," Schlatt said. 

"You're lying," I spit the words at him. 
"If I was lying, would I have this?" Schlatt whipped a small piece of paper from his pocket.

It was a photograph of George and Sapnap. They were huddled close together and wore serious expressions. I noticed they were wearing their training gear too and were standing somewhere on the prime path in SMP territory. 
"That proves nothing," I say. It was the truth, the photo proved nothing besides the fact that George and Sapnap were talking about something they didn't want others to hear. But my conviction wavers when Schlatt starts chuckling. My determined expression falls to one of hurt. Would Schlatt lie about that? It made sense that they were bitter about their losses. 

"Doesn't it?" Schlatt says. Suddenly, I have no idea what to believe. Schlatt barely ever lied, he just asked lots of questions. I don't remember him ever hurting me, but where else would the bruises have come from? Maybe the guards? 

I look down at my hand and my expression twists with every confusing thought I think. I should speak out, but something tells me that's a terrible idea. What Schlatt says couldn't be true. But I don't know that. What he said made too much sense. I try my best to stop thinking about it. 

"Here's a question I've wanted to ask for a long time Y/N. Does Dream love you?" I open my mouth to answer but no sound comes out. 

I don't know. 

"Since you're struggling to answer let's look into some factors, shall we?" Schlatt clapped his hands together excitedly and stood up and started to pace in front of me. 

"He kidnapped you, stole you from L'Manburg and your new family. He then proceeded to blow up your home when he knew full well how much it meant to you. Doesn't that suggest that he didn't care for you?" I can't protest. He was right, if Dream cared about me he wouldn't have done those things. But then why was he kind to me? Why did he listen if he had no motivation to? Why did he heal me and keep me healthy and safe? 

I feel tears prick behind my eyes. I blink them away, I can't cry here. 

"And when you stayed in Pogtopia, Y/N, instead of going home. That proves that you knew he didn't care for you. Don't you think that you would have gone back to him if you truly thought he loved you? Maybe deep down, a part of you knew the truth, he wanted nothing to do with you."