Fontaine

We made it to Fontaine at about 8:00 or so. Everyone was asleep, except for me and Lilly. She had a dull look on her face, like she was staring off into space. I didn't give it much thought, I pulled into a motel right off the highway next to a large wooded area. The name was "Tall Pine Inn." The sign said 40$ a night, that's easy. We unloaded out of the van and marched ourselves to the lobby. The groggy bunch from the back barely kept their eyes open long enough for me to get the keys to them, I got us a room with two beds so things would have to be stacked. We got onto the shitty elevator that they had and it dragged up to the third floor. James and Jared mumbled silently in the corner, Ty asked loudly in a grumpy voice, "Hey what'd you say?" James eyes grew wide, "Well uh, we were wondering the sleeping arrangements." Jared nodded going along with his brother. "Ty and the girls will take the beds we can sleep on a pallet on the floor." I spoke. With that, the elevator door opened and our room was the third one down the hall on the right. I put the key in and turned the lock, the cold hotel air hit my face as all the bags started to pile next to the door. The room was surprisingly not that bad, the beds were made nicely with tan covers spread over them. Sarah and Lilly took the one on the left, and Ty took the right. Jared and James made a pallet by the window under the A/c. I made a small pallet in between the beds. Jared and James decided they wanted to go out and find someway of making money. Sarah and Lilly decided that they wanted to try and find somewhere else for us to go once this hotel ran out. Ty just laid on the bed, and I went to the bathroom. I needed a shower. I cut on the hot water and just stood in it. I though about the last 48 hours and how shit it was turning out. The hot water rolled down my head, it felt so nice. The door opened quietly. Ty's voice spoke softly, "Can I sit in?" It caught me off guard, "Uh- yeah come on in." I pulled the shower curtain shut to make sure she could see me. She walked in quietly and sat on the sink counter. "Do you think we're gonna die?" She asked. I mean of course the thought crossed my mind, but never spoken aloud. "No Ty, we're gonna keep our head low and keep the fuck away from the wolves. "What if they get to you? What if I can't protect you?" I heard her tone sort of deepen. "You don't have to protect me, but I promise they won't." I heard her stand up, and her seem to shuffle around. I was tempted to look and see what she was up to. "Ty?" I asked. Before I could get an answer the curtain opened behind me and she climbed in with me. "Ty what the fuck!" I hollered turning to cover myself. "Blake.." her voice trailed off. Her arms wrapped around me, her body pressed against mine. For the first time in my life, my heart leapt out of my chest from something other than fear. She spoke in a normal tone this time, "I have to keep you safe, you don't know how much you mean to me." I nodded, knowing I couldn't bring myself to speak. My pulse quickened as she turned me around by my shoulders. We locked eyes. Her honey brown eyes stared intensely at mine, "Ty what is this?" I asked, sort of knowing her answer. She smiled a little before she leaned in and kissed my lips. I genuinely was speechless. Her lips were so soft, and she kissed me so gently even though her nature was the opposite. When she pulled away, we looked at each other again. "I love you Blake, thank you." She got out of the shower and started to dry off, I got one last look at her before she dressed. She was stunning, I guess I never really thought about her like this before. I mean, Damn.

I hear her leave the bathroom and I stood there for about a minute or two and I heard a little bit more of shuffling. I listened close and turned off the shower. I heard the door shut. Fuck, I threw my pants on and looked out into the room, she wasn't there. I looked in the hallway, no one. Ty was gone. I felt a lump in my throat and my chest burned. Before I could even say anything, Sarah and Lilly came through the elevator door. "Hey Blake, why is your shirt off?" I felt my emotions peak. "Ty just took off." Their faces looked puzzled, "well where'd she go?" Lilly asked. I shrugged my shoulders as I walked into the room to grab my phone. I started texting, maybe she'd tell me where she went.

B - please, where'd you go?

I put my phone in my pocket and was getting clothes on to go after her. "Wait, she'll come back. She wouldn't just take off on us like that. I know Ty too you know." Sarah spoke as she put her hand on my shoulder. Lilly nodded in agreement. I sat on the bed, waiting for a reply.

After an hour two my mind was made up, she wasn't coming back, or at least no time soon. Jared and James had already came back. They flashed some cash on they table that had brought in. They also brought in some pizzas for everyone so the group ate and watched TV. "How much did y'all even get?" Lilly asked. Jared and James shot a sly look at each other, "About $600 total, minus the pizza." "How in the Fuck did you get that kind of money in just a couple hours?" Sarah asked bewildered. James shrugged his shoulders and Jared winked at Sarah, to which she rolled her eyes. No one questioned the pizza though, and happily ate.

Once everyone was fed we bedded down for the night, I missed Ty already. What was she doing.