And then he thought he was being nerdy, so excited over a hibiscus shipment, and he tried to think of something else instead.

Akaashi blinks, stretching his arms out in front of him once the vase was filled with the flowers and extra green foliage he found in the buckets. Sighing, he picks up the vase from the maplewood desk and goes towards the front door to set this on the empty display, smiling and nodding politely to the elderly couple he'd sold a few flowers to beforehand.

He carefully sets the vase on the display, relishing in the way the soft sunlight pours over the petals, filling the vase and making abstract shapes on the hardwood floor from the company of the vase.

He lets himself warm in the sun, taking a few breaths and thinking about what to do today after work.

It was not Tuesday, so he'd have to meet Kuroo back at home. He was thinking Bokuto might have something planned for them to do together, but he really tried not to let that stroke of hope come to light, just in case he began to get too dependent on his happy avenue.

That was the one flower he tried not to let bloom so quickly, though it was trying its best to break through his surface.

Finally, Akaashi lets a breath out, and stretches again, before making his way back to sit on the stool. He leans forward a bit and rests his head on his folded arms, feeling his skin buzz and his joints tire themselves out for the day.

He needed a break.

"Daisy, Daisy~!"

Akaashi blinks, and is pulled back into his environment by the giggles of the butterflies in his stomach and the sight of gold in front of him.

The same gold that occupied his headspace when he was putting together a bouquet or passing cat cafes or walking to rest stops for street races at night. The same gold that spun itself around Akaashi's conscience and was tied around his heart with a neat little ribbon to keep it together.

The same gold that Akaashi was seeing within more of his daydreams and every thought and reverie in between.

He couldn't really put a cap on how much he liked having company on his adventures, nor how much the butterflies danced every time Bokuto came around and looked at him with Polaris behind his eyes.

"Hello, Bokuto." Akaashi watches him practically bound toward the desk, his hair falling into his face without being styled today, and he was wearing that one yellow hoodie that Akaashi liked so much.

It was not gold, but it was close enough and Akaashi thought the color yellow was so fitting for a person like Bokuto Koutarou.

"It's Thursday! What are you doing tomorrow?" He asks, but that last question comes out as an exclamation, too, and Akaashi can't help but feel his spirits lift at the enthusiasm.

He looks at the desk, trying to think clearly when all of his thoughts crashed into one another, a pileup on the busiest freeway the world has ever known. Bokuto is close across the desk, the same distance customers stayed whenever they were buying a bouquet, but he doesn't think he'd ever get used to it so long as Bokuto was the one standing there.

There is a faint linen smell and Akaashi finds more Sundays in the way Bokuto was smiling at him today.

"Nothing, really. It'll be Friday. Are you racing?" Akaashi asks, the words second nature, but sounding so foreign coming out of his mouth.

He couldn't imagine asking an illegal street racer when their next event was, just to go watch it.

For free at that.