Trapped- episode •4•

Start from the beginning

"Dess listen " jayda starts quietly "I'm- "

"No you listen " dess interruptes her , getting sick of jayda trying to say everything's okay when it's not "I know what your going through Ive been down this road before and I know how hard it is to escape " she tells her a little above a whisper ensuring that kentrell doesn't hear her.

Jayda shakes her head letting tears stream down her face as she cries "you don't get It " she breaks down into dess's is arms

"I promise you i do " dess admits "last year around this time I was getting mentally, physically , and verbally abused daily being told when and what to do . what to wear how to act " she starts "being completely under his thumb feeling like i had to do everything he says in fear of being beaten half to death " she continues making Jayda break down harder realizing that dess went through the same thing she's currently going through " he completely secluded me from the outside world and kept me to himself like his property. No family , no friends , nothing " she shakes her head .

Jayda lifts her head staring at dess confused wondering how that could even happen to her . She looks at dess like one of the strongest woman she's met thus far . Fearless and outspoken , kinda like she was before she got with kentrell. She can't imagine her being in the same position that she is . And if so then ...

"How did you make it out ?" Jayda asks desperately willing do try anything at this point . Even murder

"Von " she answers making jayda deflate like a balloon .

"Fuck " she sighs knowing it's hopeless. She knows there's no way von could or would help her without starting a whole other war that's not worth it . Especially since their last encounter . There's no way jaydas going anywhere near him again .

"I know it sounds crazy but he did " she admits "he's a really good guy "

So why did you tell me to stay away from him ?

Is what jayda wants to asks but instead of getting into that draining conversation, receiving information that won't help her , she decides to asks another . "How did he do it ?" She asks her

"Well after we built a very close .... " she pauses trying to find the right words without saying to much "bond" she clears her throat " I told him my situation and I guess he felt so bad he let me stay with him and get on my feet providing me with everything I needed until I got it myself " she reminisces on vons good deed to her a while back making jaydas mind roam.

That doesn't seem like the vons she's talked to . Not even a little bit . It does sound like the von that pops up in her dream every night though . The superhero von who saves her and gives her a better life . But she thought that was just a figment of her imagination . She never thought he was actually like that .

"Well too bad we can't all have a von " jayda rolls her eyes looking away knowing there's no way in hell von would ever do anything like that for her . He doesn't even know her and damn sure won't feel sorry for her . She knows better than to get her hopes up

"You have me " dess smiles a little grabbing her hand as Jayda looks up at her sharing the same smile "just come with me for tonight and we'll come get your stuff in the - "

"Aye I think it's boa time fa you ta go slime " kentrell calls out roughly as he enters the room with a blunt in one hand and a cup in the other .

Jayda curses mentally then sighs knowing that this very needed moment with another human is coming to and end .

"We weren't done talking "dess argues towards him boldly making Jayda instantly tense up .

"Bitch I ain't ask allat you lucky I let ha talk to yo snake ass at all " kentrell mugs her " jayda get in the room " he points talking to her like a child or pet